Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Sick and [censored] tired of limpers (even if they are profitable)

I play tourneys and SNGs almost exclusively. I am in the 20s and 30s in SNGs and play 20s in tournaments. In middle stages, where punishing limpers is highly profitable, I tend to not push them around enough. I get worried too much that somebody (even if it's MP) is trying to trap. Or they will call with trash. So, with trash hands where I'm sure I can improve my stack by 20%, I tend to shy away at times. Not always - I mean, sometimes I suck it up and push. But, othertimes, I bitch out.

I hate limpers so badly - I know they are profitable, but slapping passive-aggressive vaginas around 2 or 3 hours a night gets tiring, especially when one of those vags happens to call with 44 or KQ after limping MP. Or "traps" with KK by limping CO - 1 and I wind up with KJs on the blind and decide to push because the pot is 300 and I have 800 left.

Basically, NOBODY on Full tilt raises anymore. Like, 50% of the fields I play in, I feel like I'm playing in a kiddie pool. How do you deal? (besides the answer "play cash games").

Barry
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Sick and [censored] tired of limpers (even if they are profitable)

Are you saying you want better players at your table???

Everyone pays the same entry fee and has the right to play their way (good or bad). You need to get used to it or play a different game.

I know I would sooner have poor players at my table and have to accept that they will sometimes suck out on me.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 AM

This kind of thing is much harder to deal with i cash.
I remember there was a stage in 888 where all the opponents would do is limp fold unless they had AA or something. U cant just steal blinds all day in a cash game.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone pays the same entry fee and has the right to play their way (good or bad). You need to get used to it or play a different game.

I know I would sooner have poor players at my table and have to accept that they will sometimes suck out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I agree, that's my point. I feel that SNGs and tourneys are profiitable and have been building my roll so far, but it's just that it's tough to watch players bet min-raise each other for an hour w/o getting frustrated after a while. I just wish I can play these things and be a little more peaceful about it.

Barry
Old 09-18-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I agree, that's my point. I feel that SNGs and tourneys are profiitable and have been building my roll so far, but it's just that it's tough to watch players bet min-raise each other for an hour w/o getting frustrated after a while. I just wish I can play these things and be a little more peaceful about it.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok if its just the fact you are getting bored, I would say say you need to decide what you want. Personally I would prefer weak players at my table as it is more profitable.

I always multi-table because it can get a little boring at times. Don’t overdo it though, just open enough tables that you are comfortable playing. For some this may be 2 tables for others it may be 8.

Alternatively, if you just want your brain to get off auto-pilot try changing games. Omaha, Stud, Horse, etc – perhaps you just need a change.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM

multi table them if you get bored
Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 PM

Multitable, if I play less then 6 at a time I would shoot myself.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM

I don't get this post. I wish all the players at my table were limping and min-betting. I try to find these tables. It's much better than being 3-bet constantly.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 AM

I know what you mean Barry, it does my skull in when you play a cash game $0.5/$1 maybe and you raise pre 4xBB etc. and still get 5 callers. In this instance YES I would rather have better people playing in the game who know about odds and hand rankings rather than arseholes who just want to mess around and call with sh.it trying to sucout on you
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean Barry, it does my skull in when you play a cash game $0.5/$1 maybe and you raise pre 4xBB etc. and still get 5 callers. In this instance YES I would rather have better people playing in the game who know about odds and hand rankings rather than arseholes who just want to mess around and call with sh.it trying to sucout on you

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmm i prefer my opponents to call with sh.it