Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM

Default When/ how should I move up stakes?

Reading a couple of Oink's post in the last few days I feel guilty for cashing out my online roll so much and staying at the 2/4-3/6 level. Even right now I have about 8k online and I'm thinking of taking 2k off. Not because I need it but just to put in a better investment considering I haven't convinced myself to move up or even take many shots.

Some background:
Don't have access to PT right now but have over 250-300k hands at 1/2-3/6 with the majority at Absolute. As we know the rake is larger on this site but the bonus/etc.. make up for this fact. But when I look at my stats there is nothing there to convince me to move up? I play 4-5 tables and honestly I'm happy to just break-even or come close to that each month because of rb/bonus/etc...

I don't depend on my poker income, and this should be another reason I think I should have moved up or at least have taken some shots at the higher limits. I guess I'm a bankroll nit by nature and don't like dropping 1k in one night, but I understand that eventually I should be taking some calculated shots at good tables at higher limits.

I know the standard response should be, play fewer tables and take shots at higher games with good seat selection.
Run hot = stay
Run bad= move back down.

Not sure what I'm really looking for other than someone giving me more motivation to move up and challenge myself as a player.