Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: 76s DEEP... i three bet pre which leads me to a turn bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in this instance what do u all think is the best way to gain EV in the hand? fire the flop with a psr or call and then make a raise on the turn when it is favorable.

if i wait till the turn it will cost me a lot more to do it but i think it works more often (because a turn raise is much scarier then a flop raise obv) and i can also just fold if a bad turn hits or he pots the turn or sumtin like that. so not to sure which is the best way to attack the hand.

i used to pretty much raise the flop every hand but have been makin it an effort to do this more often or late. i assume it is a good idea to have this play in my arsenal but not too sure wut kind of a frequency i should b doin this with. (note that i play hyper aggro and pretty loose as my normal game)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this line. You are playing 3-handed, and you are an aggro player. Villian you have described as good. Lets assume he know's your aggro, even more so than 3-handed.

Your range is HUGE. If you are going to raise pf (it's deffinately not standard) then raise the flop regardless of board. This looks more inline than a turn raise, because you are an aggressive player.

If he's steaming he may look you up light. I call the turn (good pot odds/implied odds/position) and play accordingly.

When you say you are calling the flop instead of raising because you acknowledge that a turn raise is scarier, you then say you can fold if he psb or a bad turn card hits. In this hand you'r line represents the nuts - if you are going to play it like that then you need to play it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]i understand that i am representing the nuts or near nutz. my point in saying if he fires a psb on the turn or a bad card hits on the turn i am planning on givning up on the hand. yea i kno it doesnt matter if i represent the nutz wut card hits cuz i "still have the nutz" but after the flop i could have almost n e hand. not untill the turn raise have i defined my hand as the nuts. so if he fires the turn hard i will take this as he has a solid hand and will b rather unlikely to fold given my image and the way the last 10 or so hands have played out.

but now that he has shown weakness again i now pounce on him. and go for the knock punch. if he calls oww well. i have 8 outs. so idc. 8 outs to such a hidden hand and the amount of FE i think i have on the turn justifies this play really well imo.

the question i have is... is this more profitable then just making a standard psr on the flop.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:14 PM

just raise the flop
Old 10-21-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the question i have is... is this more profitable then just making a standard psr on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it' possible to judge which one is more profitable it depends on what villain is thinking.

I would call your psr on the flop with AK and I can see myself folding AK on the turn if I'd play many tables and would not notice how aggro you played previously. The question is: does villain have a strong read on you and will he act on it?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Usually raise pot on the flop to find out what weak DB means if you'll play with villain for longer.

Otherwise just play air like you would play AK or a set here. You hold 88 or AK untill you hit the straight if you want to bluff.

Check behind turn for "free" card if he checks turn because if he calls your flop raise he's not going away (there are no draws out there on the flop). That check would also make sense if you hold AK so you can still rep that hand on the river. Repping a set on the river after that check is of course less likely to be belived.

If he donks turn, do the math to see if you think you have implied odd (how much does he have to call on the river to justify your turn call), probably fold.

Where's villains estimated 3bet calling range? 44/88/99/K?/98 what do you put him on?

How would you play AK in this spot?

If you think he's steaming don't do anything too crazy.

p.s. From a thinking but not too good opponent I'd put him on a strong hand. Small bet to get raised by AK on the flop, bigger bet because he's scared of the flush on the turn. Maybe he picked up the FD himself and wants to draw reasonably cheap because the turn bet is not all that big.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:20 AM

Raise flop his weak donk is litterally weak