Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Rivered under FH vs. stuck borderline maniac

2/10 spread live game. Hero is in SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Game is skewing reasonably weak. Big hands are almost always getting paid off.

Villan is OTB and has announced he is already "stuck $600". Young asian kid who is playing super LAG. Tons of PF raises and c-bets. He's paid numerous people off with inferior hands and seems to be trying to get un-stuck or go busto.

Three limps to Villan who raises to $10. Hero calls $10, BB folds, one original limper who is in EP+1 calls. Three to the flop.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero checks, EP+1 checks, Villan bets $10. Hero calls $10. EP+1 folds.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero checks, Villan bets $10. Hero raises to $20. Villan 3-bets to $30. Hero 4-bets to $40. Villan calls.

River is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero bets $10, Villan raises to $20, Hero 3-bets to $30, Villan 4-bets to $40, Hero calls.

Line eval on all streets. Do I CR the flop instead of the turn? Do I just lead the flop and turn, trying to pump as much money in as possible? On the river, after Villan 4-bets, do we call (as I did) expecting to lose?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Rivered under FH vs. stuck borderline maniac

against a maniac on tilt, i play it exactly the same. nice hand, win or lose.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 AM

In case anyone else responds, results are below on white...

<font color="white"> After Hero's river call, Villan tables K-Jos and takes the pot. Hero's buddy thought he should have just called the river raise, but I disagree entirely given my opponent. I thought my river 3-bet was more than appropriate given the circumstances. </font>
Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM

If he's willing to ram and jam on all streets with nothing, I would probably just lead the flop and cap every street.

Turn and river are fine.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 PM

This is fine, but if he is supertarded I'm going to just lead and keep raising.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Tough hand. Nothing sucks harder than being out-boated.. especially by a tilting lagtard. Hard to fault your play here.

Just ask yourself what you were feeling/thinking when you 3-banged the river... if you didn't pause and consider villain's raise, at least for a moment, then take that as your only lesson here.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

if i thought it would get HU i would 3bet pf.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i thought it would get HU i would 3bet pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from however the reason I didn't 3-bet PF was because I was playing the hand really for set value only. Thus, I didn't mind the extra player(s) in the pot with me because if I do flop a set, it's almost certainly the best hand and will almost certainly win me a ton of monies.

Also, I knew if I 3-bet PF there is approximately a 0% chance the villan lays it down PF and he also wouldn't lay it down on most flops. He really was playing that LAGtardish.

With a MPP vs. a tilting LAGtard and another player OOP, I wanted to get one for Villan's raise only and if one of the other limpers would be slowplaying a big one, I save a bet by not 3-betting here. However, if I call and EP r/r's, I can get out cheaper especially since the way Villan was playing he may have even gone rampant and 4-bet this. Thus, I'm stuck in between a "raise war" with a MPP.

Under some circumstances, I do 3-bet this, but given the action left behind and my opponents, I felt it best to just call.

Totally understand the logic though.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the flop c/c?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:37 PM

Just call the river raise. He's basically turned KJ face up on the table.

Yes, you describe him as a lag, but "lots of preflop raises and continuation bets" is very different from "3 bets the turn with middle pair". Without a read that this guy is that kind of crazy, you should just call and save yourself 2 bets here.

good luck.
Eric