Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do I start at RB?
S. Alexander (if he plays) @ SF 8 42.11%
M. Jones-Drew Vs NYG 2 10.53%
F. Taylor Vs NYG 5 26.32%
W. Dunn @ Bal 1 5.26%
T. Henry @ PHI 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 AM

Default WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

So I am walking down 2nd Ave through midtown at around 1am last night when I see this guy and girl just standing there staring at each other about 4 feet apart. I could instantly tell their was tension of some sort. As I approach where they are standing, all of a sudden the guy goes up to the girl and she slaps him. He then coks back and clocks her right in the face. I mean F*cking clocks her. He then stands over her and seems to contemplate kicking the crap out of her more. He then turns around and starts walking in opposite direction that I came from. At this point I was no further then 6 feet away when he hit her.

Now he is about 6'2, and 210lbs. I am 5'8 and 160. So I ask, WTF am I supposed to do here? He seemed adequately drunk and could almost definitely kick the crap outta me. I know nothing about this guy or his chick or what caused this to begin with. So what do you do in this spot? Do you confront him? Fight for some random chicks honor/dignity? Keep walkin cause it ain't your business?

Not sure if I did the right thing, but I stopped about 10 feet away and waited it out. I was a bit nervous that I would get my ass severely kicked if I approached him as well if I approached his girl while he was still all jacked up. When he was about 50 feet away, I went over to the girl and helped her up. She was obviously more then shakin up and was really nervous/embarrassed. I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about and that I would call the police if she wished. She said no. I ended up walking with her for a couple blocks and finally hailed a cab and put her in it. I gave the cabbie a $20 and told him to take her home.

I have never seen anything like this in my life. How can a guy just coldcock a girl like that? I still feel gross for witnessing it and knowing their are guys out there that beat the crap outta women. The fact that she didn't want to do anything about it seemed even scarier to me. For all I know, this is a regular thing when he/they get drunk........this is me shaking my head.....
Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

you did good.

now let's sit back and wait for the brigade that thinks you should have started a fight with the guy
Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 AM

But you got her number right?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 AM

you did v well.

I hate to say it, but most women who stay with dudes that beat on them like this have some serious issues. 10:1 they were back together within 2 days.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 AM

Call the cops.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Port Authority area?

I probably check and make sure the chick is ok, but I don't believe I get involved. First of all there are some shady broads in that area. I do vary my play if:

a) He just randomly runs up and hits first.

b) she's an 8+ OOT
Old 11-11-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
finally hailed a cab and put her in it. I gave the cabbie a $20 and told him to take her home.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously a scame and you fell for it. I would have punched her in the face and been like NICE TRY BITCH!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 AM

You played it right, the only thing I might have done differently is called the cops without consulting her.

Yeah, there's times where if I had been drunk enough, I'd have started [censored] with the guy, but I've also gotten my ass whooped a few times, and I wouldn't recommend that avenue in this case.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 AM

I think you handled it really well. that was at that point the best thing you could have done. getting your ass kicked by that guy wouldn't have helped her either. calling cops wouldn't help that much either, because she probably wouldn't want to tell on that guy...
Old 11-11-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you did good.

[/ QUOTE ]