Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 AM

Default Is posting freeroll questions and hands allright ?

Hello,

I am still very much a beginner both with respect to poker skills and the 2p2 site. I am trying to advance my poker knowledge and build a roll by playing MTT freerolls and studying my hands afterwards.

Are hands from freeroll MTT's welcome in this forum ?

I didn't find any references to my question in the MTT FAQ and looking through some earlier postings in the small stakes MTT section and searching, it seems freeroll hands and questions appear at most rarely. So just wanted to check before getting into
trouble [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Is posting freeroll questions and hands allright ?

Yes, you're right we don't have much freeroll hands posted here, but I can't see a reason to why they wouldn't be welcome. Go ahead and post!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 AM

Hi BermudaDude,

first of all - welcome to the forum. I for myself are still a kind of newbie here but I am convinced you will find that the informations and advices you can get here are invaluable!!

To your question: nobody will (or even should) tell you that questions from freerolls arenŽt welcome here. As far as I know some known players started their "career" with freerolls.

Nevertheless you should be aware of one thing: the evaluation of hands can be made based on several factors: the two main factors are simple mathematical/algorithmical basics on the one hand (like the EV of a certain hand against a random hand or the probability of hitting a certain draw based on the odds) and opponent-based aspects on the other hand (like assumed raising/calling-ranges etc.). While the first could be made regardless of the limits you play is the second in a very high grade dependent from the structure of the tournament. Said this - the assumptions of the styles and motives of your opponents to do or not to do certain things are somewhat tricky in freerolls. I think this will relativize in the later stages of the freeroll - when players start to have real values to lose if they bust. But especially in the early stages youŽll be presented hands and moves which you neither can believe nor can understand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

With this prefixed reminder you are welcome (at least by me - whereas I think that the others do as well) to put your questions and hands here in this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Freerolls are as small of stakes as it gets amirite?
bring it on
Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM

speaking of which, are there any freerolls out there now with really good value?
Last years PCA promo was good, but this years pretty much sucks. I wanna be Timex when I grow up.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:26 PM

Yeah, we'd love to help you with your freeroll posts. But you might want to clarify that it is a freeroll when you post the hand, it might help us out a little. Good luck =)
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of which, are there any freerolls out there now with really good value?
Last years PCA promo was good, but this years pretty much sucks. I wanna be Timex when I grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]This years PokerStars annual blogger freeroll had a $40K prize pool and around 1200 entrants, for an overlay of about $33 for everyone who played.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Are there any sites to point players to where there are good freerolls or overlays? I like the idea of extra money in tournaments.