Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Stoxpoker videos- can I download them to view offline?

If I join Stoxpoker can I download the videos and watch them later offline like I can with the Demos?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Stoxpoker videos- can I download them to view offline? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Stoxpoker videos- can I download them to view offline?

Yeah you can download them. I know I do.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 AM

yes, you have the choice
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Can I view the downloaded videos also after my membership expired?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM

I don't know what Stox's policy is about this now, when I was a member they didn't allow that. Instead of using 2+2 you should just email them, Stox and his staff are all very nice and will be happy to help.

As an alternative option you can also try Deuces Cracked, they provide a different type of service than Stox does, its more single tabling and deeper reads since there is no multi-tabling. They also specialize in other games such as Stud, Horse, and Razz videos (I contributed to the Razz content recently), and they allow you to save the videos to your hard drive.

In short stox is best for multitabling and in-the-moment decisions, DC is best for indepth analysis since they have more time to discuss between hands. You cant go wrong subscribing with both.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I join Stoxpoker can I download the videos and watch them later offline like I can with the Demos?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you can view downloaded videos offline, but you will need to be online at the time of your first play to acquire the license. Then I think we allow 2-3 offline viewings before you have to re-acquire a license.

The demo videos do not have any protection so you can view/share them without issue, but the premium videos have protection that allows you to view offline only after validating and while you can send the files to anyone you like, they will not be able to view them.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what Stox's policy is about this now, when I was a member they didn't allow that. Instead of using 2+2 you should just email them, Stox and his staff are all very nice and will be happy to help.

As an alternative option you can also try Deuces Cracked, they provide a different type of service than Stox does, its more single tabling and deeper reads since there is no multi-tabling. They also specialize in other games such as Stud, Horse, and Razz videos (I contributed to the Razz content recently), and they allow you to save the videos to your hard drive.

In short stox is best for multitabling and in-the-moment decisions, DC is best for indepth analysis since they have more time to discuss between hands. You cant go wrong subscribing with both.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is dated information. Most of the early videos were 4 tabling cash games.

We have added pokertracker videos, non-poker screen capture videos, HU and two tabling videos.

HU videos from both points of view with commentary from both players are being added also for both limit and no-limit.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is dated information. Most of the early videos were 4 tabling cash games.

We have added pokertracker videos, non-poker screen capture videos, HU and two tabling videos.

HU videos from both points of view with commentary from both players are being added also for both limit and no-limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew about the HU videos, I forgot to mention that in my post. I also should have mentioned the equal balance between NL and limit - my bad.

I didnt know about the 2 tabling and screen capture vids, thats all new. Very nice!