Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Horrible Floor at Taj

Spent Wed and Thurs night this week there. Been playing there a long time. Many of the floor there are former dealers there, as expected. The three days I spent playing was the worst display of the floor I've ever seen there. The computers don't help.

Start it off by getting a fill in on the phone that afternoon for the woman who does the poker rate rooms. He tells me it's good. I tell him he has to make calls and he says it's changed and I just have to tell them at check-in to call the poker room. Why argue? Needless to say he was wrong and problem with first night rate.

Get there and I put my name on the list for 20 holdem. They call a new game and, as often happens, the game doesn't go. I look up at the screen a few min's later and my name is no where to be found on a new list they've somehow started again.

I'm 2nd on a list for a 2-5 NL game and on the other side of the room playing 20-40 (high/low stakes have different speakers and 2-5 was on low side). The floor goes on break and the guy filling in doesn't give a sh*t. I check the list and find myself 4th and passed over twice. He responds by saying sarcastically how it'll be such great importance to him and will keep an eye on me now.

I'm in a must move 20 holdem game that is down to 5 players. One regular is afraid to play short and says he doesn't want to pay time. The floor says he has to sit out the full turn and charges us half, $4. Fifteen minutes later, the douche bag sits down and takes a hand. He tells the floor that after ten minutes he doesn't have to pay. The floor knows him and doesn't say anything. I don't say anything either because I'm next on the list for the main game and, as it was, two of the remaining four players didn't want to play short either and I figured they'll be happy to play 5 and keep playing.

Good news is I saw a few guys who had gone to the Borgata 20-40/40-80 but have now come back. Bad news is Taj floor is getting worse when the competition is getting better.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Horrible Floor at Taj

The Borgata destroys the competition so bad and its not even funny. The one time I visited the Taj on my trip a few weeks ago I wanted to puke seeing the room, seriously.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 AM

I was there last week on Tuesday and none of the computer screens were working. what a mess.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 AM

The Taj has all of the charms of the Black Perl Undead Ghost Pirate Ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean. Which is to say I like playing there.

Hey, they are supposed to be getting automatic card shufflers within a week. THE TAJ IS BACK BABY!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, they are supposed to be getting automatic card shufflers within a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, this is news. On all tables? I thought the room was wired in such a way to make shufflers difficult to install. Good news if it's true.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, this is news. On all tables? I thought the room was wired in such a way to make shufflers difficult to install. Good news if it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had the ceiling tiles open Thurs-Fri. I thought they were changing bulbs. It was for the shufflers. They're on the way.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:52 AM

Not one of your complaints is unique to Taj. Everything you mentioned has happened and does happen in many cardrooms.

"Spent Wed and Thurs night this week there. Been playing there a long time. Many of the floor there are former dealers there, as expected. The three days I spent playing was the worst display of the floor I've ever seen there. The computers don't help.

Start it off by getting a fill in on the phone that afternoon for the woman who does the poker rate rooms. He tells me it's good. I tell him he has to make calls and he says it's changed and I just have to tell them at check-in to call the poker room. Why argue? Needless to say he was wrong and problem with first night rate.

Get there and I put my name on the list for 20 holdem. They call a new game and, as often happens, the game doesn't go. I look up at the screen a few min's later and my name is no where to be found on a new list they've somehow started again.

I'm 2nd on a list for a 2-5 NL game and on the other side of the room playing 20-40 (high/low stakes have different speakers and 2-5 was on low side). The floor goes on break and the guy filling in doesn't give a sh*t. I check the list and find myself 4th and passed over twice. He responds by saying sarcastically how it'll be such great importance to him and will keep an eye on me now.

I'm in a must move 20 holdem game that is down to 5 players. One regular is afraid to play short and says he doesn't want to pay time. The floor says he has to sit out the full turn and charges us half, $4. Fifteen minutes later, the douche bag sits down and takes a hand. He tells the floor that after ten minutes he doesn't have to pay. The floor knows him and doesn't say anything. I don't say anything either because I'm next on the list for the main game and, as it was, two of the remaining four players didn't want to play short either and I figured they'll be happy to play 5 and keep playing."

Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM

Yes the room is a dump.
Yes the Taj property itself sucks.
Yes Trump is a cheap bastard.
The thing is at the end of the day I win there more than anywhere else in AC so until that changes will continue to go there.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 AM

Lately I've found the weekend floorpeople to be better overall at the Taj than the Borgata. This stuff, although not acceptable and highly annoying, can happen at either room.

Note that the only one screwed by the player dodging the time charge is the Taj, not you.

I agree that the 20-40 players are migrating back to the Taj.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 AM

Their chips looked so dirty I was affraid to buy into a game to touch them. Have they gotten new ones recently or plan on getting new one's. They looked that bad.