Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM

Default NL10 turn fiasco

Whats the deal on this turn. FWIW my image due to two hands before this one is Mr. super aggressive four bet PF then donk for 3/4 pot on flop and if you raise me I reraise you. basically meaning I get no credit.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $13.20
Hero (BB): $12.80
UTG: $5.25
CO: $13.35
BTN: $2.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, SB calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80) 3 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.55</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.40</font>, Hero calls $0.85

Turn: ($3.60) 9 (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.40</font>, Hero?????
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: NL10 turn fiasco

this is a tough hand considering we dont have any reads im assuming.

theres a chace SB has AJ, or a slow played over pair that he didtn want to scare you out of the pot on because people try this a lot at micros. personally i think i would pitch it cause i dont wanna be behind and committing to much

but thats just me
Old 09-24-2007, 01:09 AM

You're ahead of a lot of hands in his range. He raises the flop and donks turn with lots of stuff. I raise the turn for sure.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're ahead of a lot of hands in his range. He raises the flop and donks turn with lots of stuff. I raise the turn for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience. Just call OP.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 AM

Agree with AJ. Call it.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:36 AM

This is almost like a turn continuation bet. If he has a 3, he has you beat, if he has anything else (other than JJ) you're solid, as the 9 counterfeits the 3's. If you're scared he has XJ where X is a higher kicker than yours, you can raise here. I'm not giving him the credit for a 3, and I'll take the chance to win a bigger pot. I'd call, hoping he'll barrel 5th street and raise (if a blank comes)
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm pretty sure I was the villain in this hand. I stacked off AA to Q6 on the very next hand (to a guy playing 65% of his hands) while you berated me in chat for open-completing with KK and laughed at me, right?

FWIW, I was perfectly happy with my line and I'm sorry you got coolered, but I didn't deserve all the crap you said to me and about me from then on. At that moment my HUD stats on you were 29% VPIP, 29% PFR and a post-flop aggression factor of 6+. My line was based entirely on the fact that the hand was guaranteed to be played HU, and that those stats told me you'd do the betting for me if you connected to the flop in any way. Your AF went way down over the next 150 hands or so, but I was just going on the info I had at the time, and the hand played out exactly how I hoped it would.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Sorry for the berating. If you consider this a cooler then what would your range be on the turn here? Just trying to assess how off I was.

Edit: My stats were high cause I just sat down and was a PP magnet.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the berating. If you consider this a cooler then what would your range be on the turn here? Just trying to assess how off I was.

Edit: My stats were high cause I just sat down and was a PP magnet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's no biggie on the berating, although I don't think the way I played the hand warranted such comments. I had a bad session anyway, ended up giving another buy-in to that guy playing over half of his hands on a flop JJX when he had me kickered. Talk about hard to put someone on a range. I had a hard time with that guy, and usually people playing so many hands are the easiest to beat.

I used the word cooler because the most likely holding is Jx, all of which you beat. Given a fairly unknown player who just completed his small blind, however, both a 3 and a slow-played overpair are certainly possible.

I think the real question is, what part of that range is calling your turn shove? I can tell you I closed my eyes and winced before calling with KK. I told myself, "if he has a 3, well that's the bed I made for myself by taking this line and under-representing so much up to now." I definitely would have folded most jacks there, but not AJ given the read I had on you at the time. QJ would have gone right in the muck, though. I would have of course insta-called with a 3.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience. Just call OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this - why dont we want to commit an overpair or AJ here? The guy is showing pretty decent interest in the pot with a hand which we are almost certainly good against - why not let him stack off to us now instead of shutting down on a diamond river?