Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Raises=aces n/c

The discussion of pre-flop raises indicating aces in another thread reminded me of a funny 10-20 limit hand I played a couple of weeks ago. The two villians in this hand are off-duty dealers(ODD's). At the10-20 live game level, I'm inclined to respect pre-flop raises a little more..... Let's see how that works out for me.

I'm utg with AsAc2s3c. I bring it in for a raise; UTG+1 (ODD) re-raises; 2 callers (?); button folds; SB (ODD) caps; BB folds; all call.

At this time I'm thinking my aces are dead, but my low and flush draws are working.

Flop comes Ah5d7c (!). A good flop for me: top set, nut low. I figure the raisers must have been carried away with high hands. I plan to bet the flop and take it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SB bets (?!); I raise; UTG+1 re-raises; fold; fold; SB caps; call; call.

This is a little perplexing. My opponents must have a little piece of it. I plan to maybe split the low and take the high. Good plan. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Turn is Ah5d7c 10d. Action is capped three ways.

River is Ah5d7c 10d 2d! Check; check; bet; raise; call; call.

Utg shows QdJd8s4c for a flush to take high. SB takes low with his wheel-inducing 6543r. Ah dealers...