Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Stud H/L (HORSE tourney)???

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but third is a fold. The guy with the Seven has a hand that he's going to play, so you have no fold equity. I wouldn't even limp in for the bring-in. AQ3 isn't mentioned anywhere in Ray Zee's book for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that third is a fold, but I really dislike that statement about it not being in Ray's book. That's a horrible reason to fold. The first reason you mentioned is exactly why it's a fold.

But if the 7 had folded, then you have an easy raise with the AQ3, regardless of whether or not Ray Zee mentioned it in his book.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But if the 7 had folded, then you have an easy raise with the AQ3, regardless of whether or not Ray Zee mentioned it in his book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but that would be a stealing situation. This is not a stealing situation, but a playing situation, and this hand is unplayable.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but third is a fold. The guy with the Seven has a hand that he's going to play, so you have no fold equity. I wouldn't even limp in for the bring-in. AQ3 isn't mentioned anywhere in Ray Zee's book for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that a fold on 3rd is standard. However, AQ3 is not all that bad a hand, particularly with As and Qs live. Since the limp was in late position, the 7 probably doesn't have that much better a hand.

I would rather limp than raise and try to hit something or make a delayed steal if the 7 bricks.

While I criticized the complete too, I don't know if it is that bad given the late position limper and bringin probably don't have big hands and there is some intimidation value to the door card.