Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Predictions: What % of the vote will your candidate get in IA/NH?

[ QUOTE ]
I think I heard Giuliani and Mccain aren't taking part in Iowa. Is this true? I think RP may actually fair better in IA than NH, on that reason alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't taking part in the Iowa Straw Poll on August 11th. They'll both be in the Iowa caucus unless McCain drops out by then. The straw poll will give us a decent indicator how much support Paul actually has in Iowa. He's done the least campaigning of anyone there, so a lot of people still probably have no idea who he is. I think he needs a good 2nd or 3rd place finish in the straw poll to help drum up more support especially with Giuliani and McCain not there.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I heard Giuliani and Mccain aren't taking part in Iowa. Is this true? I think RP may actually fair better in IA than NH, on that reason alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't taking part in the Iowa Straw Poll on August 11th. They'll both be in the Iowa caucus unless McCain drops out by then. The straw poll will give us a decent indicator how much support Paul actually has in Iowa. He's done the least campaigning of anyone there, so a lot of people still probably have no idea who he is. I think he needs a good 2nd or 3rd place finish in the straw poll to help drum up more support especially with Giuliani and McCain not there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is, if Paul does do well, how will the MSM try to downplay it? Because they *certainly* would. If he won the strawpoll they'd accuse all those Iowa Paul voters of coming from all over the state to spam the poll.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, if Paul does do well, how will the MSM try to downplay it? Because they *certainly* would. If he won the strawpoll they'd accuse all those Iowa Paul voters of coming from all over the state to spam the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I was having drinks the other night w/ some guys from Iowa who love Ron Paul and plan on flooding the poll. I tryed to tell them not to do anything illegal bc it could get Ron in trouble. But they said they been "doing it all over teh internetz" and havent been caught yet. Here is a photo from the party so Iowa polsters know who to look out for.

Ron Paul guy on left

Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul
IA: 17%
NH: 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

NH is one of the most libertarian state in the country. Iowa is very much not.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul
IA: 17%
NH: 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

NH is one of the most libertarian state in the country. Iowa is very much not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if RP doesnt do well in NH ... he might as well hang it up.

Personaly I hope and think he will kick ass in NH. and that it will get him the attention he deserves
Old 07-21-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty unlikely that he'll win considering Mitt Romney is buying tickets and giving them away. If Romney loses the straw poll he might as well give up. The biggest competition in the Iowa straw poll for 2nd is probably Tommy Thompson and Sam Brownback being that they're both midwesterners and raised more cash than Paul in Iowa. If Ron Paul does come in 2nd, they'll downplay it by saying McCain and Giuliani weren't there so it doesn't really mean anything.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:09 AM

Im confused, are any of you actually seriously thinking Ron Paul will get more then AT THE MOST 5 Percent in either IA or NH?
Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 AM

Yes. Why are you confused? Too used to letting the media think for you?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Why aren't you confused? Too used to letting the disproportionate internet numbers think for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

For the record, I'm thinking RP will pick up ~8-12% in both (higher in IA, less is NH). Still, the internet is hardly a fair measure of interest.

Cody
Old 07-21-2007, 03:20 AM

Why do you think he'll be more popular in Iowa tha New Hampshire? New Hampshire is the most libertarian state in the union.