Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

<3 randal
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 AM

good stuff
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
um, i won the borgata 5K wpt event last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go:

[/ QUOTE ]

God damnit, this picture really made me want cookies but i'm way too high to drive to the store. If anyone sees this picture and actually winds up eating a cookie, you better not tell me about it because I'll be really, really jealous.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 AM

Personally, I believe Vanessa's side of the story, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone else who was at the table chimes in to verify. I also wouldn't be surprised, if as others have said, the truth is likely somewhere in between.

If you believe Vanessa's side of the story, her being defensive about her results wrt Aaron's tournament results is somewhat reasonable, considering she called her an idiot and things.. I would think most around here would try and say something to defend themselves.

One thing about these sorts of things though, is that it really is just one event in a person's life. Perhap's both Aaron and Vanessa were having bad days and were rubbing each other the wrong way.. No need to judge either of them solely on one incident.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
um, i won the borgata 5K wpt event last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go:

[/ QUOTE ]

God damnit, this picture really made me want cookies but i'm way too high to drive to the store. If anyone sees this picture and actually winds up eating a cookie, you better not tell me about it because I'll be really, really jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

brag - so funny, i juuust finished eating a fudge striped coo-kay coming back from the kitchen when i refreshed and read this.

beat - i'm out of weed.

so its a push i guess.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:41 AM

Nothing wrong with saying that someone played a hand terribly, although for various reasons I'd kinda prefer that no one ever said anything like that.

I'd also like to see Aaron's response on what the exact words out of his mouth were -- and whether Vanessa made up some extra words. If her story is true (ie, needling over and over) then I think Aaron went too far. If he just said "you played that hand terribly and every decision was wrong" after she was running her mouth, then I don't see a problem with that.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 AM

I know neither of the two parties involved in this altercation, but Vanessa's version of the event reads like a bad pulp-fiction novel. Her word-by-word recollection of the conversation between them two is astounding.

Vanessa, I hope you have different attitude in real life because in your post you come across as an over-dramatic pompous ass, which ruins your credibility with regards to your version of events.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Typical hormonal pity victim talk. Talking like needling a 24 year old girl(you meant woman maybe?) at a poker table is abusing a helpless teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but people are more sympathetic to a girl as opposed to a woman. You are exactly right poor little Vanessa, do you need a band-aid?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checks to cutoff short stack player who raises to 600 (100, 200 blinds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise pre-flop if he is short stacked and only opening 3x with 10.75 bb's since AJs is so strong shorthanded?

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

[ QUOTE ]
I make an aggressive call of 1550 more because I was getting more than 3:1 on my money, we were shorthanded so AJ is stronger than in ring games, and I still have a healthy 10K (almost double average) stack even if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggressive call, nice. Also, starting hand value's do not rise and fall depending on if it is cash or tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A A 2 rainbow. Big stack checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[blablablablablablabla....continues with rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Why do we care for your elaborately written opinions in this thread?

Amazing how some posters thinks that we give a [censored] about what they think... Did you really find it necessary (and worthwhile) to dissect her post in that way [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checks to cutoff short stack player who raises to 600 (100, 200 blinds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise pre-flop if he is short stacked and only opening 3x with 10.75 bb's since AJs is so strong shorthanded?

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

[ QUOTE ]
I make an aggressive call of 1550 more because I was getting more than 3:1 on my money, we were shorthanded so AJ is stronger than in ring games, and I still have a healthy 10K (almost double average) stack even if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggressive call, nice. Also, starting hand value's do not rise and fall depending on if it is cash or tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A A 2 rainbow. Big stack checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[blablablablablablabla....continues with rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Why do we care for your elaborately written opinions in this thread?

Amazing how some posters thinks that we give a [censored] about what they think... Did you really find it necessary (and worthwhile) to dissect her post in that way [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was standing up for Aaron, being a good friend of his. I could give a [censored] about Vanessa Rousso.