Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Serenity (sort of a review)

[ QUOTE ]
The movie had some big flaws but this isn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make good arguments.
What big flaws did you find?

Spoiler Alert:
One that still has me thinking was when Wash is killed. They kill him through a window. Yet the crew wasn't shown leaving the room and sealing it or something. It was just assumed that nobody was going in through the cracked window. I can understand reavers being stupid, but if they already opened up that hole and saw everybody there, it makes sense to think they might come in through that window.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<< massive crush on Kailey

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the massive crush on Kailee for several reasons: 1) She's very cheerful, 2) She's cute, 3) She knows about engines, 4) She likes sex.

But I like Inara more. Beautiful, exotic, intelligent, independent. She's awesome.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Keeping the Reavers also propogated fear throughout the known systems. This would favour those in power.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<<< massive crush on Kailey

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the massive crush on Kailee for several reasons: 1) She's very cheerful, 2) She's cute, 3) She knows about engines, 4) She likes sex.

But I like Inara more. Beautiful, exotic, intelligent, independent. She's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inara >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>> Kaylee
Old 02-04-2007, 03:10 PM

spoilers

i liked the movie but agree that you just have to ignore the holes. i thought another hole was the fact that sending out a message stating the alliance accidentally made the reavers wouldn't do [censored] to hurt the alliance. i mean, the alliance knows how to spin [censored] better than the whitehouse. they could handle something like this no problem.

edit - and the alliance would be attacking the problem on two fronts. one would be to eliminate river, and the second would be mounting a massive propoganda campaign that was ready to go as soon as they knew this [censored] was coming out.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make good arguments.

Spoiler Alert:
One that still has me thinking was when Wash is killed. They kill him through a window. Yet the crew wasn't shown leaving the room and sealing it or something. It was just assumed that nobody was going in through the cracked window. I can understand reavers being stupid, but if they already opened up that hole and saw everybody there, it makes sense to think they might come in through that window.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cockpit has a sealed door which is nearly impossible to get through quickly as seen in the episodde Our Mrs Reynolds. This isn't at all relevant since they were on the planet before the reavers and left the ship pretty much straight away.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keeping the Reavers also propogated fear throughout the known systems. This would favour those in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

db, that's just stupid. i challenge you to name even a single modern-day example of a government cultivating a culture of fear to subdue the population.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make good arguments.

Spoiler Alert:

[/ QUOTE ]

The cockpit has a sealed door which is nearly impossible to get through quickly as seen in the episodde Our Mrs Reynolds. This isn't at all relevant since they were on the planet before the reavers and left the ship pretty much straight away.

[/ QUOTE ]

then, what killed Wash?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spoilers

i liked the movie but agree that you just have to ignore the holes. i thought another hole was the fact that sending out a message stating the alliance accidentally made the reavers wouldn't do [censored] to hurt the alliance. i mean, the alliance knows how to spin [censored] better than the whitehouse. they could handle something like this no problem.

edit - and the alliance would be attacking the problem on two fronts. one would be to eliminate river, and the second would be mounting a massive propoganda campaign that was ready to go as soon as they knew this [censored] was coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the message could be spun. So Mal was being optimistic and not realistic, but that was part of the idea behind the movie, following your beliefs.

Either way, the Alliance could not really do the media preparation for the reaver thing. River has many state secrets (in theory), Miranda was one of them, not all.

I guess after she said "Miranda" in that video they could start their preparation. But why do that (which could be seen by the public as weird) if the odds of people passing through the reavers is infinitesimal.
The reavers were part of their protection. They didn't count on Mal's cleverness.