Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: What do you want/where do you want to live when you are retired?

I am the same way el sapo, I cannot stand sitting around an am happiest when I am creating something. my dad is like this, he "retired" from ibm and is a professor focusing mostly on research now. he has a lot of flexibility in his hours, and he builds everyone in my family beautiful furniture in his spare time. he would never be happy with a traditional retirement, and I think I wouldn't be either.

to that note, hopefully I will still be a working musician and playing some gigs, and also have the time and money to be selective about what I focus my energies on, whether that's composing music or writing software I dig or maybe something else. I also hope to be able to remain physically active and relatively fit in old age.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 PM

I really don't know what I will want when I retire. I am really not the type to look ten years ahead. I think its silly. Ive hit the three year mark with a lady friend and I know she wants two kids and I know when she wants them so I guess that is the relatively short term goal that I am working towards.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting and timely topic. I just turned 50 and realized that the dreams/plans/expectations I had when I was 20 are so very different from what I currently think about.

When I was younger I wanted to retire young and spend the rest of my life playing at whatever interested me at the moment. Now many years later I have come to the opposite conclusion.

Currently I can't imagine ever retiring.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whats your job?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 PM

I used to salivate at the idea of retiring early. It is such a "baller" thing to do. Then lately, I realized, why the hell would I want to retire? I would do the same thing as I do now haha.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to salivate at the idea of retiring early. It is such a "baller" thing to do. Then lately, I realized, why the hell would I want to retire? I would do the same thing as I do now haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about time issues?

There just isn't enough time to get everything done if you also have to worry about employment.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 PM

I would keep doing what I am doing now.

I think I'll keep "working" (I dont call it work anyways) until I croak dead into my grave.

I do want to own a skyrise 70-100+ storey building to live in with the top 2-3 floors as my penthouse home and 30-40 000 SQ FT of living space. It's the closest you are ever going to get to living in the clouds.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My new dream is to make $1,500,000 (after taxes obv) in the next twelve months. And to also be able to have a good answer for the OP at the end of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ambitious yet I like your goal. Attainable.

Mine is for my business to produce 500 000$ gross by next year, and develop a bunch of other businesses along the way.

I remember reading in business / finance forum you are thinking / looking to create a flood of websites, is this your still your plan?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do want to own a skyrise 70-100+ storey building to live in with the top 2-3 floors as my penthouse home and 30-40 000 SQ FT of living space. It's the closest you are ever going to get to living in the clouds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just edited my dream to that. i want mine 1 story higher than yours though if its in same city.