Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: KQs flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
Nice draws love company. Lets call this trying to keep as many villains as we can. Even though we are short stacked we don't want to price anybody out at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this is best. I originally wanted to get all my chips in preflop, but I guess if you are folding at some point, no sense pushing anybody out. I doubt you have any fold equity and you are going to have to show down a winnar to get any piece of the pot.

FWIW, seeing a big side pot on this hand would put me on mega tilt.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 PM

since the A is the Ad, you are drawing to the nuts pending a paired board. So I think you just call on the flop, hoping to get as many people behind you to call as well. A raise push out the blinds etc. Since you have almost nothing left, keeping as much in your main pot as you can is the correct play IMO.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:08 PM

i call
Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30

The table has just filled up again, so there are lots of new faces. I'm stuck about $880 with only about $120 left to play with before I'm busto for the night.

An Indian woman limps UTG, a somewhat LAG player limps behind her, and a new guy on my right raises. I coldcall with KQ diamonds. The blinds come along as do the limpers, and it's 6-handed for two bets.

The flop is A63 with two diamonds. Checked to the raiser, who bets. My action...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called (I had already made the decision to just call a flush draw when I coldcalled preflop). There's a caller out of the blinds, now it's check-raised by the Indian woman. Preflop raiser only calls, and it's my action. I'm down to 2.5 BB.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 PM

If I read this right one of the blinds folded leaving 4 villains in play right? One to act after you? If we call, the caller from the blinds is also likely to call. If we raise we could lose the player in the blind and if Indian woman caps we could lose Laggy. Leaving us HU with the check raiser. Even though I want to get our money in here against 4 or 5 I don't like raising and getting HU because our best outcome is still a diamond away.

I'm going to suggest continued patience. I call here.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30

The table has just filled up again, so there are lots of new faces. I'm stuck about $880 with only about $120 left to play with before I'm busto for the night.

An Indian woman limps UTG, a somewhat LAG player limps behind her, and a new guy on my right raises. I coldcall with KQ diamonds. The blinds come along as do the limpers, and it's 6-handed for two bets.

The flop is A63 with two diamonds. Checked to the raiser, who bets. My action...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called (I had already made the decision to just call a flush draw when I coldcalled preflop). There's a caller out of the blinds, now it's check-raised by the Indian woman. Preflop raiser only calls, and it's my action. I'm down to 2.5 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd work on getting all your chips in the middle. Then start thinking about where you parked your car and what you are going to eat for dinner. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 PM

All but one of his chips are committed to the middle if IW bets the turn. So thinking about dinner is probably prudent. OTOH if we miss the turn and the river. We still have a chip and a chair [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

And if we are a littlepatient here and hit our diamond we will be on our way to full recovery. Late for dinner but we can take her out for dinner to make amends [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM

All of the decisions so far presented are easy calls. Driving out players doesn't do you as much good as letting 'em stay in, and you can always start betting if you get checked to. As long as at least 1 bet goes in on the turn & river, all your money's in the middle anyway.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keep calling until you are all in...go to the river
Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 PM

I'd call in this spot (but bet if it were checked to me). Let's build up a nice pot for if we hit.