Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

Nice set wickss... 3 1st's, 2nd 2nd's, and a 3rd
Old 04-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Do you use PT/PAHUD when multitabling SnG's, or is it useless for those games?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm of the opinion that especially while there are efforts going on to try to repeal UIGEA we all have a responsibility to try to prevent any large scandals like last year from happening so Bill Frist and John Kyl have no new ammo. One player to a hand Live and Online should be the standard. Enforceable or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
As many posts as this thread has received, it is not about to change the direction of the US Government's policy on online gaming.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are a Sunday Mill regular who Wickss busts out and know about this thread, how pissed would you be?

[/ QUOTE ]
My level of pissedness would have nothing to do with this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
As much as this thing is a Circus, he's not a Circus animal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure? The whole attraction of this thread is based upon a freak show of someone spending their day in a crap position playing low level poker for many hours a day.

While he is not an animal in the literal sense of the word, this "event" is entirely based upon him being an oddity.

[ QUOTE ]
Awful bad beat wicks on the bubble.
PokerStars Game #9575961079: Tournament #48602975, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/04/23 - 21:49:30 (ET)
Table '48602975 1' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 3: shremiehead (1980 in chips)
Seat 4: Ben Mac 22 (2590 in chips)
Seat 5: BFO_2005 (1705 in chips)
Seat 6: wickss79 (1170 in chips)
Seat 7: hsugolfer (3085 in chips)
Seat 8: Iceman1987 (1390 in chips)
Seat 9: raiders34 (1580 in chips)

[/ QUOTE ]

The bubble is when the number of players remaining slightly exceeds the number of places paid (or when there is a sudden jump in payments, most obviously in a satellite which pays top 3 WSOP seats, next 6 receiving their entry refunded, etc.). In a standard SNG (3 places pay), the bubble is when there are 4 or 5 players remaining.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 PM

I didn't play much today. I'm still kinda tired from staying up 30 hours on Friday to switch back to days.

I had to hit the tables a little after being away for 4 days. I played two sets of 12 sngs and made $33. I'm gonna call it a night and get caught up on my sleep.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:22 PM

I suggest wickss plays the million with no IM software running, and all observer chat set to "off." Anything else is bound to distract. (also, of course, no tv, no talking on the phone, no jacking off, and *sorry* no mj)

edit: mj...like any don king...you are allowed to psych your boy up during breaks. rub his shoulders, give him water, hold is spit/blood cup, etc.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As many posts as this thread has received, it is not about to change the direction of the US Government's policy on online gaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting it would. I'm suggesting we don't encourage unethical behavior. Perhaps you're not aware of the ZeeJustin and JJProdigy scandals that got public media attention.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a Sunday Mill regular who Wickss busts out and know about this thread, how pissed would you be?

[/ QUOTE ]
My level of pissedness would have nothing to do with this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that if you knew that Wickss was a relatively inexperienced player and was receiving coaching from a seasoned veteran, after paying your $530 Buy-In directly, you might be upset. Remember, the premise was NOT to use Wickss to make everyone a lot of money, but that it would be fun to watch him play. If he is coached by someone like Rizen while he's playing, it's not nearly as much fun now, is it?

Ethics should be taught by parents and teachers to children and students. Not by Government to 20 and 30 somethings who have exhibited questionable behavior.

That being said, Good Luck in the Million Wickss!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:16 AM

FWIW, my AIM CHAT suggestion was for the backers/sweaters, not the man himself. If there was any implication that I meant otherwise (coaching, etc...) it was completely unintended.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM

Wickss going deep next Sunday would be mad, improbable against the odds achievment. However if we knew that he was making a lot of tough decisions along the way with help from a much more experienced player it would, IMO, make such an achievement kina, well - kinda meh.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 AM

Personally, my plan is to rail him and watch the chats in #stt on IRC with the other guys who are there. I'll be silent in the PS client.

I agree with the no coaching comments. All that would do is wear wickss out, and probably burn up his extra clock by the first break as he struggles with which advice to listen to.

I'd prefer to think of this as a movie that we all bought a ticket for, but we don't know what we're going to see - it could turn out to be "The Matrix", or "Dude, Where's My Car?"

(btw, if takes down the mil, he absolutely becomes "The One" around here)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, my plan is to rail him and watch the chats in #stt on IRC with the other guys who are there. I'll be silent in the PS client.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm still shocked that folks still use IRC. Last time I had an eggdrop running anywhere in the world it was 1995, god I'm getting old...
Closed Thread