Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: The Nug [censored] rocks

Why are you americans so crazy about your guns?
In sweden we have no guns circulating on the black market (not too many) and buying a gun is very difficult since you need to go through rough security before you can own a weapon.
Easy access to guns is never a good idea. How on earth are you having a difficulty in grasping this?!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In sweden we have no guns circulating on the black market (not too many) and buying a gun is very difficult since you need to go through rough security before you can own a weapon.
Easy access to guns is never a good idea. How on earth are you having a difficulty in grasping this?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make sure to ask the criminals that use them next time I have a chance.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/com...ent/index.html

[ QUOTE ]
Article deleted for copy right reasons.
Cliff's notes: We need more guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this article was retarded. We need guns so we can stop evil people like the Virginia Tech shooter. Forget for a moment that with stricter controls, HE NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD GUNS IN THE FIRST PLACE

[/ QUOTE ].

Way to assume your conclusion, of course making drugs illegal and severly punishing those who buy, use ans distribute has done wonders for stopping their creation and importation.
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't possibly be implying that drugs are easier to get now than if they were sold legally in WalMart.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should re-read what he wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should re-read what I wrote. It is much easier to buy guns where there are less restrictions (ie the U.S) than it is where there are more (ie Canada). One country also has a much higher rate of gun violence per capita. Do you see why? Less guns = less violence = less school shootings. Really. I understand that he may have still gained access to fire arms on the black market, but then again, he may not have. He certainly wouldn't have been as proficient as he was with them. Personally, I think this whole argument isn't addressing the real problem, just the symptoms. But that's just me.

Keep it up with the burned-out rock star opinion pieces. Next week, David Lee Roth on immigration.

[/ QUOTE ]

More guns does not absolutely imply more violence. I can show you case by case even on State-wide levels of more guns equating to less violence. Google stats on Idaho gun violence.

And again, we need logistics, not hyperbole. If you say "GUNS SHOULD NOT BE ACCESSIBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!" it's a pretty empty statement.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make sure to ask the criminals that use them next time I have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

So only the criminals in your country like having and owning guns?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is much easier to buy guns where there are less restrictions (ie the U.S) than it is where there are more (ie Canada).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Canada has pretty similar guns per person as the US.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this article was retarded. We need guns so we can stop evil people like the Virginia Tech shooter. Forget for a moment that with stricter controls, HE NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD GUNS IN THE FIRST PLACE

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say it until it's understood. Claims like this have no merit until you propose how you plan to limit access, especially on the criminal side. Otherwise it's like saying solving world hunger is as easy as giving people food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look around at every other country in the Industrialized world. Do they average a few school shootings every year? Not a chance. There are isolated incidents, but nowhere on the scale as in the U.S. What is the reason for this? I guarantee you, it's not because the faculty in Canada is packin' heat.

This isn't some mystical process. Produce less guns= sell less guns= less guns on the street. Impose tighter regulations. Can you stop every would-be shooter? No, probably not. Will there be less shootings per year? Yes, almost definitely.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say it until it's understood. Claims like this have no merit until you propose how you plan to limit access, especially on the criminal side. Otherwise it's like saying solving world hunger is as easy as giving people food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look around at every other country in the Industrialized world. Do they average a few school shootings every year? Not a chance. There are isolated incidents, but nowhere on the scale as in the U.S. What is the reason for this? I guarantee you, it's not because the faculty in Canada is packin' heat.

This isn't some mystical process. Produce less guns= sell less guns= less guns on the street. Impose tighter regulations. Can you stop every would-be shooter? No, probably not. Will there be less shootings per year? Yes, almost definitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go, end of story.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is much easier to buy guns where there are less restrictions (ie the U.S) than it is where there are more (ie Canada).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Canada has pretty similar guns per person as the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... no.

http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/Cda-US.htm

U.S has 10x the pop, 76x the guns.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're hell bent on only seeing one side of the story, then yes, end it with that statement. If you want to see state by state statistics of gun violence, you'd be shocked.

I met a nice Australian couple last night at a pub and there biggest shock about coming to the US (they had been here 1 year) was the difference in laws from State to State. Perhaps that might be an issue the non-Americans are facing when discussing this issue. If you compare certain states side-by-side they are night and day. In a lot of cases States are similar to sovereign nations.

There's probably more difference between the laws in Texas and California than there are with California and Canada.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be, but it's not. Some ridiculously large percentage of people in this country have a bizarre, almost sexual fascination with guns. They willfully ignore the fact that European countries that have sensible gun laws have far less people who end getting shot.