Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Getting to Know You - Micros Edition

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Myers-Briggs Type: INTJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Greatest idea ever. The time where I can edit the first post has lapsed but I'll ask wookie to add this category to it. I absolutely love the Myers-Briggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you might like it, having a psycology Bsc and all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 09:25 AM

Fill out the following survey, and we'll all be better off for knowing each other.

Forum Name: KingOtter
Sex: M
Job: Customer Support for Network devices
Education level: BS in Computer Engineering
Living arrangement: Wife, 3 kids, nephew, house
Other hobbies: EQ2, homebrewing
A little about your signifigant other: industrious
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: deaf in one ear, poker playing
Where you want to be in 5 years: Same place, just richer
Myers-Briggs type: ENFP
Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 AM

Forum Name: Milagro
Sex: Male
Job: What's that??
Education level: M.S. in Physics but never really used [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (I suppose this would suprise people, as well, if it ever came up but it doesn't).
Living arrangement: Hotels mostly. Homes on Lake Geneva near Lausanne, Switzerland and on a citrus grove in Mesa, Arizona.
Other hobbies: Filling up the homes I'm never at with vintage guitars and basses, learning languages and cultures, watching baseball on mlb.tv, going to baseball games when I am in the States, jamming and recording with my 17 year old son.
A little about your signifigant other: Married for almost 28 years to my college sweetheart.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I have been married to the same woman for over 27 years.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Off the road.

I'll bite,
Myers-Briggs Type: ENFP
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 AM

Forum Name: djames
Job: Actuary, FCAS
Education level: MS in Math (Combinatorics)
Living arrangement: Married w/ a 2 week old boy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Other hobbies: Guitar, Golf, Football (Gators & Dolphins)
A little about your signifigant other: She's the love of my life (and a retired physical therapist)
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I'm a poker junky (I'm surrounded by conservative introverts averse to risk).
Where you want to be in 5 years: Stinkin' rich (through hard work, poker or not) living fully with all of my free time.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 AM

Forum Name: Numeri
Job: community college Math/Stats Instructor
Education level: Masters+
Living arrangement: married (as of May, 2005)
Other hobbies: acoustic guitar, basketball
A little about your signifigant other: She's a speach and language therapist with little guys. I still feel lucky to have found her. Cheesy, I know - but true.
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: Hmmm... so many choices. I like being a round character - there's always something new to learn about me.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Happily married with a house and maybe a little one or two running around. No more.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's so sweet. I love combinatorics. I only had a couple classes, but I thought they were really fun. I emphasized in Statistics, but I enjoyed more of the theoretical abstract subjects more. (algebra, group theory, number theory, etc.)
Old 11-01-2005, 09:43 AM

Forum Name: Reqtech
Job: IT Director
Education level: BS Math
Living arrangement: House with wife and pup
Other hobbies: Table tennis, basketball, going to Hokie football games (season tix)
A little about your signifigant other: English teacher, hot babe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: That I'm married and that I've actually made some money playing poker online.
Where you want to be in 5 years: retired and living in a cabin in the woods [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 09:44 AM

Forum Name: Koss
Job: Sound Quality Test Engineer
Education level: BS Electrical Engineering
Living arrangement: With mom!
Other hobbies: Watching sports, videogames, drinking.
A little about your signifigant other: She's beautiful and I'm gonna marry her someday!
Something about you that continually surprises people when they hear it: Sorry, but no suprises here.
Where you want to be in 5 years: Married with a big house and making a nice second income from poker.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's so sweet. I love combinatorics. I only had a couple classes, but I thought they were really fun. I emphasized in Statistics, but I enjoyed more of the theoretical abstract subjects more. (algebra, group theory, number theory, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it to be very cool (for a math track, that is). Studied it for 3+ years before stopping the PhD track in lieu of a job that pays bills.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, being a math major was fun and was great in making you learn how to think. Otherwise, I'm not able to really use anything that I actually learned [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]