Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Donks R Us

I have just come second in a MTT out of five hundred and fourteen (514) and lost to a donk. Now, I always wondered when people said various WSOP ME winners were donks and thought to myself how could a donk beat all those players and win. Well, they can.

Just two examples of the donk's play: we get to the final table and it is fourhanded. He limps under the gun, other two fold, I check my king-ten. The flop: King, King, King, I quickly check and he goes allin. I am feeling lucky [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so I call and double up. Later, three-handed he gets all his chips in with jack seven against a big blind all in reraise of his small blind raise: he wins.

I am thankful to the donk for getting me to second, as I was shortest stack when it was four-handed, by doubling me up and by knocking out the other guy and giving me EV+ allin (not thankful that he won though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) that saw me off.

Anyways, the message is clear: if a donk can do it then there is hope for all of us here at Two plus Two. It is good to have something one has read clarified for oneself.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Donks R Us

hehe, did you slow roll the K10 hand? =D

and yeah, ofc monkeys can win tournaments!!