Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Looking for a particlar chip ...

About 4 months ago .... the Meijer store down the street from me had a clearance sale due to the fact that they were about to undergo renovations. In the sporting goods section they had two 500 pc tri colored chip sets enclosed in nice looking wooden cases for $49.95 a piece. I liked the look of them and considered it to be a good price, so I picked it up. After unwrapping the chips and feeling them I noticed they were a bit softer on the outside than my regular dice plastic chips and didn't make that tinny pinging sound when dropped or riffled. You could tell they were decent quality chips. I believe they were claytecs(?) put out under the Fat Cat brand. The design looked like this :

I need a few hundred black chips like the one pictured to complete a sufficient set for my cash game chips. Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can pick some up? I ordered what I thought were the chips but after taking them out of the package you could feel the difference right away. The ones I ordered were 11.5 grams, the ones I need are a little heavier and more solid and doesn't have the metal insert sound. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Looking for a particlar chip ...

I'd go to www.homepokertourney.com and look in the chip review area (there is even a video of a guy cutting chips in half to show what is in the middle of the chips, even Paulsons!). If you don't see the chip you're looking for, post the pic in the playing chips forum. There is also a whole forum dedicated to chips called chiptalk.net I believe. If they don't know, then they never existed even though you have them which I guess would mean you don't exist. Man, too much in the "bowl" this moring.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go to www.homepokertourney.com and look in the chip review area (there is even a video of a guy cutting chips in half to show what is in the middle of the chips, even Paulsons!). If you don't see the chip you're looking for, post the pic in the playing chips forum. There is also a whole forum dedicated to chips called chiptalk.net I believe. If they don't know, then they never existed even though you have them which I guess would mean you don't exist. Man, too much in the "bowl" this moring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a bunch. I put the same exact post in the chiptalk "wanted" section. Hopefully I can get some help there.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 PM

Ebay has them.

It looks like some are 14g and some are 11.5g - apparently you have the heavier ones.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Thanx Mano ...... this answered my question. I cant find the same exact pattern ..... but the ones on ebay are nearly the same.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM

These look like the picture you have shown above, but are 11.5g.