Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm watching the post debate show on CNN, and some white dude with an afro is asking why Ron Paul is even talking about some "mythical" transcontinental road and the organization that is planning this, as if this 'totally isn't happening.'

This should be easy enough to prove or disprove. I read about this road WAAAAAY before I heard Ron Paul talking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the reason he was talking about it in the first place was because that was the question that was given to him by CNN. It's like they were setting him up, it's [censored] retarded.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
* You guys are wrong about Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was drive-by trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't, it was just a reaction to this recent trend on 2p2 exhibited in this forum and in avatars and such to elect someone to run a system he doesn't believe in to institute changes that couldn't possibly come to fruition and to exhibit a view of the rest of the world which is certainly better than that of the current administration, yet still fundamentally childish and feasible only in theory and rhetoric.

It's unfortunate that the current administration has fostered such a disdain that cynical ideas which have little place beyond philosophical ideas are garnering the kind of attention they are, but that's the case and its important not to marginalize the race by turning it into a referendum on ideas the truth of which has been established by history dozens of times over.

Ron Paul is well a spoken figurehead and motivator of a wing of the republican party that republicans have forgotten about and as such its great that he's running and raising money, but he isn't what you think he is, he isn't the answer, at most he's a very good question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not drive-by trolling, I was seriously asking you to explain your viewpoint, and thank you for doing so.

Ron Paul is more of a libertarian nowadays than a Republican, as much as he says he isn't. He is a constitutionalist, and believes in many of the original values the founding fathers of the United States believed in.

If people believe that the changes he wants to institute cannot be done, and, as you say "couldn't possibly come to fruition," I do not have hope for the United States of America (KneeCo, if I remember correctly you are Canadian? please correct me if I am wrong).

If the US changes its foreign policy, all of the sudden more money starts appearing in the treasury and the rest of his proposed reforms snowball from there.

Is it really unrealistic to think that:

- With a focus on international trade and peaceful relations instead of an aggressive, militaristic foreign policy, the US could save hundreds of billions (maybe trillions) of dollars every eyar?

- With all of this extra money, the IRS is no longer needed to claim unneccesary taxes from the American people.

- Eliminate the need for a Dept. of Homeland Security. The whole purpose is to secure our interior from military threats from abroad. Maybe if we didn't play the role of world police, countries and radical terrorist cells wouldn't hate us so much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I could go on and on, but I truly think that if we changed our foreign policy, many of the problems within our country could be addressed. Are these things too far-fetched to believe?

Ron Paul will most likely not win the Republican nomination in 2008, but his campaign should start a grass-roots revolution that slowly evolves from a bushfire into an inferno over the next decade or two which calls for individual rights, a smaller government, and more peaceful international relations. If believing in these things is unrealistic, then the world is going to be a [censored] place in 20 years.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't ... [words]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you say it wasn't doesn't mean that it indeed wasn't.

The rest of your post is a product of the same mindset.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf stop being such a blatant homer, especially considering the newest good post he just wrote. The word "trolling" is so horribly abused in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's comical to watch though.

"Giuliani sucks"
"Agree"
"Seconded"
"I would say he really sucks"
"That Romney sure is a moron"
"Yep"
"Uh huh"
"Couldn't agree more"
"Ron Paul isn't what you think he is"
"TROLL TROLL TROLL"
Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't, it was just a reaction to this recent trend on 2p2 exhibited in this forum and in avatars and such to elect someone to run a system he doesn't believe in to institute changes that couldn't possibly come to fruition and to exhibit a view of the rest of the world which is certainly better than that of the current administration, yet still fundamentally childish and feasible only in theory and rhetoric.

It's unfortunate that the current administration has fostered such a disdain that cynical ideas which have little place beyond philosophical ideas are garnering the kind of attention they are, but that's the case and its important not to marginalize the race by turning it into a referendum on ideas the truth of which has been established by history dozens of times over.

Ron Paul is well a spoken figurehead and motivator of a wing of the republican party that republicans have forgotten about and as such its great that he's running and raising money, but he isn't what you think he is, he isn't the answer, at most he's a very good question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-29-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you think Ron Paul doesn't believe in the "system" (which I can only assume to mean government, the United States government, federal power) He believes in all of these things, in accordance with the constitution, very firmly. Show me a qoute of him saying something to the contrary?

Don't confuse Ron Paul with the AC'ers on this forum. Just because the support his ideas of limited government (in a hope for no government) doesn't mean Ron Paul pushes for no government.

Edit: And I agree, the trolling accusations get annoying. The difference, elwood, in those examples, is that not really anyone here (maybe a few random people I can't think of) support the previous candidates - you can't piss anyone off by randomly insulting those candidates without providing any substance in the post. You can piss off all the Paul supporters (that make up a large % of the postsers in the Politics forum) with a silly statement like that. He later clarified and explained his posistion, which allows for intelligent discussion.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In computer gaming, a headshot is the projectile-induced injury to the head of an enemy, often resulting in instant death. It is most often attempted in sniping.

Within and without the context of video games, a headshot usually signifies a shot of particular skill - the head is one of the smallest targets on the body to hit; and is therefore one of the most difficult to shoot. Many first-person shooters such as Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament and Halo reward players for headshots on this basis, with such a shot inflicting more than the normal amount of damage, usually proving lethal. In multiplayer Delta Force 2 and other games in NovaLogic's Delta Force series, shooting an opponent in the head will score double points, due to the increased difficulty of the shot. Many boss fights in the Syphon Filter series require headshots to be defeated as they are usually wearing body armor, though any person can receive one -- even the main character. Gears of War also offers players to make instant deaths from headshots. When doing so, it is extremely graphic and realistic compared to some other games.

Rarely, players will score a long streak of headshots, either through a phenomenal display of skill or through luck. One of the higher displays of skill is in attaining multiple headshots with a sniper rifle, since the difficulty of tracking a moving target through a scope and scoring a headshot requires much finesse. Due to this, such an extraordinary feat is often attributed to cheating. This accusation originates from programs or modified game files known as 'aimbots', which permit players to instantly score headshots upon seeing a target. Additionally, some weapons in games are dubbed as "headshot machines" due to their recoil pattern having the innate effect of rising the point of impact up towards the head after a burst of fire.

Many games also have specific "death animations" to signify a headshot such as the popular Halo: Combat Evolved, where a player will spin and fall to the ground. Many other games feature the head exploding or being torn apart such as Conker: Live & Reloaded and Gears of War. In Urban Dead, zombie hunters can buy the "headshot" skill to incapacitate the zombie players they kill. In most games featuring ragdoll physics animation, a headshot will result in an instant ragdoll effect, simulating the complete loss of brain input to the body, causing the body to react in a ragdoll movement. In the aforementioned Gears of War, the head will explode violently, expelling blood and other matter with exaggerated force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headshot
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf stop being such a blatant homer, especially considering the newest good post he just wrote. The word "trolling" is so horribly abused in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Are you seriously suggesting that a random bullet point of:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not qualify as trolling?

You should try to be less of a blatant apologist for anyone who attempts an argument against Ron Paul. You just make yourself look bad if you try to defend things that are not defensible. I couldn't mind any less if he made a fair criticism (which yes, he eventually did attempt). But it doesn't change the fact that his first post was indeed trolling, at least as far as I understand the term to mean.

You actually disagree? Or was that just a random attack on me cause you like to aimlessly defend people who oppose "the home team"?

FWIW, I rarely use the word "Troll." I think I've done it twice, ever, and one of those times I admitted I was wrong and that it was a stupid accusation 5 minutes later. I think it's a weird term and using it isn't really my style. But, I was just agreeing with whoever first mentioned it that it clearly was "drive by trolling" (which, adds a mildly funny twist to the allegation). And I don't really appreciate your trying to turn my acknowledgment of this into something personal (i.e. "stop being a blatant homer").
Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lots of words about why Paul can win

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally staying away from any personal opinions whatsoever:

http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/2063/2/

I assume Paul has spent lots of money in Iowa - not as much as in NH, but it has to be a significant outlay. Results:

[ QUOTE ]
Among those likely to take part in the Iowa Republican caucuses, Romney is viewed favorably by 77%, Huckabee by 76%, Giuliani by 68%, and Thompson by 71%. Those numbers reflect an eleven point-gain for Huckabee and a six-point decline for Giuliani while impressions of the other candidates is essentially unchanged.

As for unfavorables, just 20% offer a negative assessment of Huckabee. Twenty-one percent (21%) have an unfavorable opinion of Romney, 24% say the same about Thompson, and 30% have a negative opinion of Giuliani.

McCain’s numbers have fallen since the previous Rasmussen Reports survey. Among Republicans likely to participate in the caucus, 54% have a favorable opinion of the Arizona Senator while 44% have an unfavorable view.

Ron Paul is viewed favorably by 39% and unfavorably by 52%.

[/ QUOTE ]

His ratings are dead last in what is technically his own party.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:43 AM

Adanthar,

Who cares what a bunch of [censored] corn farmers think. RP is opposed to agriculture subsidies which I think is what turns off Iowans (imo, could be wrong).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ur8F_c5PQg

Paul's Ad tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks much. My Tivo cut off the debate after the allotted time ran out.