Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 AM

Default 25NL - need a line, JJ 3bpf, cc by 2p2er

sb is unknown, bb is a poster in this forum i have 21/13/2 over 77 hands, and im pretty sure he doesnt know me unless he watched the vid i made

anyway, is c/f really the best line here? the K hits a cold calling range more often the not...

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $26.45
CO: $23.70
BTN: $33.35
Hero (SB): $25
BB: $24.65

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, BB calls $2.50, CO calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero
Old 11-29-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: 25NL - need a line, JJ 3bpf, cc by 2p2er

either fold the flop, or check call the flop, quite often he will just give up if he has AQ and misses the turn, he'll just check or bet [censored]. he's a 13% p.f raise so K is def in his range, but so are many hands that miss like AJ AQ, KQ. you also could be dom'ned by QQ. You only have a general idea of his range, knowing that it is probably pretty strong high cards. So this is a tough spot. it's up to you to call and re-evaluate or to just fold, i think either aren't bad under certain circumstances
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
either fold the flop, or check call the flop, quite often he will just give up if he has AQ and misses the turn, he'll just check or bet [censored]. he's a 13% p.f raise so K is def in his range, but so are many hands that miss like AJ AQ, KQ. you also could be dom'ned by QQ. You only have a general idea of his range, knowing that it is probably pretty strong high cards. So this is a tough spot. it's up to you to call and re-evaluate or to just fold, i think either aren't bad under certain circumstances

[/ QUOTE ]no... check call is THE worst line here. either bet with the intention of putting no more monies in the pot or c/f. both seem rather nuertal in an ev sense to me. check call is mersably bad tho. u will b taken to value town all day if u take this line on this board
Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 AM

you have to fire once at this. you have the betting lead so try to pick this pot up.

like kaz said check/call is worst. i favor a lead over ch/f slightly.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:02 PM

cc really isn't that bad if you think you have a read on his double barrel tendencies in this type of situation. It works well if villain is calling 3bets lightly in position and tries to take a stab at this pot with air. It becomes difficult when villain is smart enough to double barrel this board with air.

I'm not sure it really matters either. Unless you have 3bet history with this villain, chances are you're going to pay one more street in some fashion and then either fold or get to show down.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cc really isn't that bad if you think you have a read on his double barrel tendencies in this type of situation. It works well if villain is calling 3bets lightly in position and tries to take a stab at this pot with air. It becomes difficult when villain is smart enough to double barrel this board with air.

I'm not sure it really matters either. Unless you have 3bet history with this villain, chances are you're going to pay one more street in some fashion and then either fold or get to show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

but do you ever have a read on villainīs double barelling tendencies in 3bet pots after 71 hands?
no way just c/f bor b/f
Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 PM

That's my point though. Without a read, we have to assume he's not going to bet twice with a worst hand. CC flop, CF turn can't be that bad readless.

B/F is fine and has alot more inherent metavalue, but cc isn't omg terrible.