Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: huge pot, protect Q split pair, A kicker on flop

it only takes one maniac to screw up all kinds of situations for the traditional player.

Bottom line when a maniac goes nuts preflop you have to bet for value. This is the time when you should be figuring out what cards you can raise with because of equity over the ranges of the other players.

People forget that J10s for example has an equity edge over a lot of hands 3 and 4 way.

So you may limp utg with J10s but if UTG +1 the maniac raises and 2 or 3 others call you can easily justify raising for value.

After that its in the hands of the poker gods. With the hand above you have to bet the crap out of it and hope everyone misses their draws or you improve.

It's tough to lose big pots but when you consider the fact that you win more than your share of them it really is a simple choice to bet like crazy when you have equity edge against loose wild players.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

Nice Table.

With such a juicy hand PF, I'd cap that trapping all those bets.

Pot exploded here and while i tend to agree with you that you have the best hand on the flop - i'd actually just call the flop and hope that UTG+1 is able to bet first on the turn. Then I'd spring to life. Obviously the turn card will be a factor and if it's two bets to you on the turn you need to re-evaluate your hand.

In short, I give up a little on the flop, to hopefully get it down to fewer opponents by showdown,.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 AM

Thanks for all the input. Yup, I should have capped preflop.

And I re-raised the flop, for protection and value

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, HERO calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, HERO calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, HERO calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, HERO ??

I was fearing an AA, KK, and am more of in a call down mode when faced with the UTG+1 donk on the turn. Raising won't protect my hand here, and I don't want to spew too much if I'm behind. Prefer to call and see the action behind. But now I'm facing 2 bets when UTG+1 re-raises... Chances are that my Q outs are tainted, as it might give someone a boat, and any A that falls will give someone a set of As.

What will you do?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Concerning the turn decision:

(Btw, UTG+1 doesn't donk the turn, he was the last flop raiser/bettor. He leads the turn here.)

UTG, UTG+1, or CO probably do not have AA/KK here. None of them raised preflop. A weakling might have QQ but that's not likely either.

I think you can safely muck here, even in this megapot, and lose no sleep over it. (Even at 0.05/0.10 I think).

CO's called 3bet cold on the flop and then raises two players, the other the flop capper, and the other preflop raiser and flop 3-bettor. Unless CO is a total maniac your TPTK is way behind now.

Someone probably has a set or CO hit a gutshot with 67.

I don't mind calling the UTG+1's lead.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 AM

If the table is crazy as you say, just grit your teeth and call down. If one of the raising warriors has at least half a brain, fold even despite the insane odds you're getting. If you call now, you can't fold anywhere later on if a club doesn't hit and that might turn out to be quite a costly adventure. As you rightly pointed out, your outs are mostly crap.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone probably has a set or CO hit a gutshot with 67.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO raising out of nowhere looks so much like a 67 that got there, that I’m insta-folding after this, 3-bet or not.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, HERO calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, HERO ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say your damn near dead to the CO. He came out of nowhere calling 3bets on the flop. I can't see how an Ace or Queen is going to help you.

Muck - sucks but Muck

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 PM

calling this turn is burning money, hope you didnt do it.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM

Alright guys, I folded to the turn 3-bet. It’s been getting too eeky. I don’t have the HH with me now, but I remember UTG+1 had a set of 4s. Can't remember what the other guys have.