Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Dun wanna miss a value bet on the river, with top T pair, mid kick

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After 121 hands you should know by know if he's capable of being this aggressive with AK, but it looks more like the board pairing has made him scared for his overpair. I doubt you're ahead here, so just check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

orly? I disagree. Look at MP2s stats, especially his aggro factos...this guy is SO betting the river if he has an overpair. I think there is value in betting this river...you might get a curiousity call with AK, 88, 99 etc

did you bet and he CRed?

[ QUOTE ]
Hands I lose:
QQ 2 hands
JJ 2 hands
AT 8 hands
Total hands = 12

[/ QUOTE ]

as I mentioned....I think he bets all of these hands on the river. I know i would in his spot and his aggro is higher than mine. Maybe his aggro is high because he folds too much or when he has A high. Mav, any reads on his Showdown standards?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a spot which I must discuss and understand thoroughly. It is one BB which I will be able to earn in future, similar encounters.

Ozi, his stats:
went to SD = 34.48%
Won $ at SD = 50.0%

Any I would like to understand, why would he folding too much cos his aggro to be high? I thought aggressiveness is a function of the no. of times he raise or open bets? And how has aggresiveness gotta do when he has A high?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Dun wanna miss a value bet on the river, with top T pair, mid kicker

I would check behind on the river here. I think we are getting check raised far more often here than we are getting called by a worse hand. Look at the villians actions on the earlier streets. He raises PF with what most likely is a good hand TT+, AQo+? He raises the flop. This can be either because he has an overpair and hes running protection or he has UI overcards and wants a freecard. Well his action on the turn makes the freecard play unlikely so we have to give him credit most of the time for a made hand. On the river I think villian is either A. trying to get max value you from you or B. taking a weak line because you might have been calling down with a 4. Either way I don't think betting here is +EV given villians action.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Dun wanna miss a value bet on the river, with top T pair, mid kicker

Maverick, with those SD stats i bet this is betting alot rather than folding too much.

To anyone fearing a checkraise, why is that? all OP has done is call call call. Villians play on every street is exactly how some tags/2+2ers play AK, AQ, AJs etc. We have no read to say this guy will get fancy here....If he has AA-TT he IS betting this river 99% of the time. Dont let him showdown for free....bet and make him make an agonising call w AdKs just to make sure you arent bluffing him in a huge pot...after all...he only has to win with A high a very small percentage of the time, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Blzd, your all over the place with that post but specifically...

[ QUOTE ]
Well his action on the turn makes the freecard play unlikely so we have to give him credit most of the time for a made hand

[/ QUOTE ]

when hands are 3 handed like this people in the micros have been known to give advice to fire one last barrel and bet the turn in this spot, especially if villian (in this case OP) is known to be tight and able to fold.