Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-24-2007, 04:52 AM

Default results

live 30 game.
BB here is an exceptional player. we have a long history. utg is a spazz, but knows he is in treacherous waters vs. me and the BB.

utg raises, folds to me in the hijack and i 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] folds to BB who calls, utg calls.

flop 3 ways for 9.67SB
J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bb checks, utg donks, i call, bb calls.

turn 3 ways for 6.3BB: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, utg bets, I call, BB calls.

River 3 ways for 9.3BB: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB donks, utg mutters and folds, I...........called because he is smart enough to know that EP cant call and that i have AK and that this spot sucks for me. i could not imagine that he'd have a Q here, even though he HAS to have a Q in his hand but how the hell does he ever have that here? so, i called to have him show me A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. he sucks.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: pay off?

i cant imagine not raising that flop for information, for value, for option to check the turn if it's checked to me, to regain control of the hand, and for metahand reasons. flat calling that flop is a significant strategy error.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance he has Q-10 of spades and played it passively because of the paired board and your rock tight image?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence may be one of the more absurd I have read in ages.

If I have this "rock tight image", why the hell would he ever have QTs in a gazillion [censored] years in this spot?!?!?!?!!?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
i could not imagine that he'd have a Q here, even though he HAS to have a Q in his hand but how the hell does he ever have that here? so, i called to have him show me A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. i suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

stop. think carefully before you put in that last bet. there is only one hand he could hold, AQ with a spade is totally reasonable. Don't call just because you cant think of a hand and expect to chop... its out there!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance he has Q-10 of spades and played it passively because of the paired board and your rock tight image?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence may be one of the more absurd I have read in ages.

If I have this "rock tight image", why the hell would he ever have QTs in a gazillion [censored] years in this spot?!?!?!?!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the sentence where you called on the river?

Calling PF getting 7.5:2 with QTs ain't that bad even if you are the rockyest rock ever to ROCK!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

PokerBob--

I also think you have to raise this flop. Even if you get threebet a lot (which for whatever it's worth I doubt is true). Honestly, between this and the AcTc thread and various other threads, it seems like you try way too hard to save fractions of bets when pots are on the line.

For whatever it's worth, if you get threebet, think about fourbetting. I never have a good sense of what your Villains are all about, but a lot of guys will give a free card to a fourbet way way more than they threebet/check, and sometimes you'll pick up some sort of physical read, or scare card, that will let you steal the pot on the turn. Again, this all depends on raising the flop being mandatory; I'm taking that as a given. Obviously I don't put in the raise hoping to fourbet or anything; sometimes it's just the best way to go after you get threebet. Anyway, finding extra places to steal medium-sized pots from stuff like TT, and getting live hands to make bad turn folds, in spots like this is IMO a big part of limit hold'em, especially live limit hold'em.

--Nate
Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has to have AQ. He has to.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously his range is like 100% AQ here
Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has to have AQ. He has to.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously his range is like 100% AQ here

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we as a group feel about this villian's play. Specifically the flop?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:20 AM

"How do we as a group feel about this villian's play. Specifically the flop?"

he played like crap. was it schneids?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"How do we as a group feel about this villian's play. Specifically the flop?"

he played like crap. was it schneids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know but earlier in the thread I am not going back to find it) someone said Bobs hand is turned face up as AK so I was curious how any expert hand readers can peel AQ here without or without the Qs.