check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
-Hand 4, spew spew spew spew??

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at the hands before i read the intro stuff. I was thinking exactly that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 PM

hand one is kinda odd. donno what he is cold calling twice with. He probably has a set, but it's drawy, so I wouldn't fold either.

hand 2, did you really make a $7.75 raise when the bet was already $7.75? Thats what it looks like, and if so it's a pointless raise, because noone can fold anything. dont intentionally give anyone 3:1 odds to see the flop, ever.

hand 3 fine, could bet a little bigger on the flop, and could reraise flop, but how you played was fine too.

hand 4, still spewy

hand 5 I would reraise pre. otherwise, fine as played

hands 6, fine, other than the SB made the meaningless raise pre.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Villain is 41/18/3.2 over 50 hands. Donkbet% 50. No idea if its draw, strong or weak.

Olezhka ($109.04)
HALGOT ($21.25)
KENA2 ($54.10)
NicoB1 ($100)
Firetribe ($96.50)

Olezhka posts (SB) $0.50
HALGOT posts (BB) $1
NicoB1 posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Firetribe 7s 7h
call, check,
Firetribe raises to $5.50
fold, fold, call, fold,

FLOP ($13.50) 3s 9d 3h
KENA2 bets $1
Firetribe raises to $16.50
KENA2 raises all-in to $47.60
Firetribe calls $32.10
Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Karp, what's your thought process on the flop?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Karp, what's your thought process on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

during the hand: fu! shove that minilead up yer ass. oops a reraise. bluffy [censored] take this!

after the hand: [censored] I should have just called and keep the pot small since it's wa/wb. I'm getting no value by raising and if i get reraised im behind most of the time.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after the hand: [censored] I should have just called and keep the pot small since it's wa/wb. I'm getting no value by raising and if i get reraised im behind most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

gross. results oriented thinking.

Also, what draws could he possibly have? lol.

Anyway, you need to raise this here because these min donkbets are usually weak and your hand is probably best. If you just call any over card is basically a scare card and you might talk yourself into calling down not knowing where you stand which isn't a good situation to be in. You should also raise because you have position and if villain calls he'll likely check to you on the turn so you hopefully see a cheap showdown. However, your bet sizing is horrible. I don't mean to be harsh but really it is quite bad. $8 or $9 will do the same thing that $16 does and when he pushes you won't tilt call off your stack way behind because you feel committed to the pot.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gross. results oriented thinking.
Also, what draws could he possibly have? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually note people who donk bet with dlW, dlS, or dlD (Strong, Weak, Draw) so that's what I meant.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, you need to raise this here because these min donkbets are usually weak and your hand is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'm ahead of minilead range, but am I ahead of his minilead-call range? Can I raise here for value? OR should I just value call?

[ QUOTE ]

If you just call any over card is basically a scare card and you might talk yourself into calling down not knowing where you stand which isn't a good situation to be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe being unsure and playing a small pot is better? If my flop raise gets called you won't be sure, will you? The only way I can be pretty sure that I'm ahead is when he folds to my raise and then I'll lose value.

[ QUOTE ]

You should also raise because you have position and if villain calls he'll likely check to you on the turn so you hopefully see a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I want cheap showdown would it be better just to call? I'll still have position on the turn..

[ QUOTE ]

However, your bet sizing is horrible. I don't mean to be harsh but really it is quite bad. $8 or $9 will do the same thing that $16 does and when he pushes you won't tilt call off your stack way behind because you feel committed to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. I should not use the "bet pot" button like an automation.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 41/18/3.2 over 50 hands. Donkbet% 50. No idea if its draw, strong or weak.

Olezhka ($109.04)
HALGOT ($21.25)
KENA2 ($54.10)
NicoB1 ($100)
Firetribe ($96.50)

Olezhka posts (SB) $0.50
HALGOT posts (BB) $1
NicoB1 posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Firetribe 7s 7h
call, check,
fold, fold, call, fold,

FLOP ($13.50) 3s 9d 3h
KENA2 bets $1
Firetribe calls $32.10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a funny spot.

I mean, a donk bet into this type of flop is almost always weak. So, if I had air it'd be a pretty easy raise for me. However, you don't have air. But, 77 is still a vulnerable hand. So, I'm torn between calling as not to fold out worse hands and get shoved on or called by better hands. But, it's just a small bet I'm not really get value from calling either. So, I probably would raise. But, not as much as u did. It's a very dry board, I'd make like half pot.

As played, people usually play 66- much slower, like c/c. So, he has you beat or has absolute air. But, not knowing the villain I'll usually give him credit and fold to the 3-bet shove.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:08 PM

I think Devin is right on the 77 hand.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Olezhka ($109.04)
HALGOT ($21.25)
KENA2 ($54.10)
NicoB1 ($100)
Firetribe ($96.50)

Olezhka posts (SB) $0.50
HALGOT posts (BB) $1
NicoB1 posts (BB) $1

Dealt to Firetribe 7s 7h
call, check,
fold, fold, call, fold,

FLOP ($13.50) 3s 9d 3h
KENA2 bets $1
Firetribe calls $32.10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a funny spot.

I mean, a donk bet into this type of flop is almost always weak. So, if I had air it'd be a pretty easy raise for me. However, you don't have air. But, 77 is still a vulnerable hand. So, I'm torn between calling as not to fold out worse hands and get shoved on or called by better hands. But, it's just a small bet I'm not really get value from calling either. So, I probably would raise. But, not as much as u did. It's a very dry board, I'd make like half pot.

As played, people usually play 66- much slower, like c/c. So, he has you beat or has absolute air. But, not knowing the villain I'll usually give him credit and fold to the 3-bet shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm not quite sure about your evaluation Devin. On a Axx or similar board it is always weakness ... bluffing the scarecard thing.

But with the generic ipoker donk, this often means HU for rolls, whether he has A3, AA, A6 or 44 actually.