Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: No aces for me

[ QUOTE ]

I find that to avoid personal tilt, it's almost always necessary for me to tighten up significantly after making a really bad mistake. Also, when I lose four or five hands in a row, regardless of how well or poorly I played them, I almost always just sit back and wait for a hugely profitable hand before getting involved again.

I believe that pushing too hard when your self-confidence is in a temporary well is increasing your chance of doing something really stupid.

Also it's extremely relaxing to play 9% VPIP poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is very good advice and an approach that has been very profitable for me, as well. (even though I don't really know what VPIP is)
Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
80-160 Borgata and BB is on my case for playing a lot tighter then i play in lower games. I open UTG+2 get called in 5 spots , BB 3 bets, i cap and all call. Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB checks i bet, two calls, he raises i 3bet all fold and BB calls. Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB bets i raise he folds...i show 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...

[/ QUOTE ]
big gamble!!!!

I think the idea that 24s is the nuts should be coined the CDC conjecture.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I find that to avoid personal tilt, it's almost always necessary for me to tighten up significantly after making a really bad mistake. Also, when I lose four or five hands in a row, regardless of how well or poorly I played them, I almost always just sit back and wait for a hugely profitable hand before getting involved again.

I believe that pushing too hard when your self-confidence is in a temporary well is increasing your chance of doing something really stupid.

Also it's extremely BORING AND NITTYSO EMBACE UR INNER LAGOR GO PLAY NL PLZ to play 9% VPIP poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM

beat: didn't see this game was going and the fish busted after the very first hand I played:

Razz ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls $18 and is all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.05 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $501 | Rake $3

Seat 2: [6d 3d Tc 4d Qd Kc Ks]

Seat 4: [2c 9c 5d 6s Js 8c 7s] (Lo: 8,7,6,5,2)

</font>

*edit*
brag: there was another terrible player in the game
beat: they lost 2 minbuys then quit
Old 10-08-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also it's extremely relaxing to play 9% VPIP poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

until you fold 3 winning hands in a row preflop and then finally pick up KK and lose again, setting you on life tilt.

seriously if you feel you have to play 9% vpip poker then it's best you leave the table.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Hobie when are you leaving LA? I'm away next week but will be back on the 16th and I could play sometime that week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably in week and a half or two weeks. Give me a ring when you're back in town and we'll go play 18 somewhere. From what I remember you telling me you're pretty good so hopefully going out to play with somebody who is happy to sniff 90 won't be too big a deal.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbs -- I've never played golf before and I'm left-handed; but if you have patience and a set of LH clubs I can borrow, I might be down... I'm on a work hiatus so I have free daytime now.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can always go to a pitch and putt which would probably be a better fit for somebody who hasn't played before. The only real problem is most days during the week I'm stuck in Pasadena without a car.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:59 PM

I think I game select way too nitty for HU 10/20. I basically just sit out after like 10 hands any time the opponent hasn't played a hand that makes me think they are retarded. There was a time when I wouldn't care but I've lost so much in games where I was the best player that I can't afford to play HU against people where I can't easily pinpoint why I should be beating them.
Here's a bonus hand I played at Commerce on Saturday in the 60:

This was my first hand in the game as I had just come from a 1/2 Stud that got really crappy. MP raises, crappy persian guy coldcalls, sb calls, I 3bet K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB all call

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet and only persian guy calls

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet and he calls. I have played with this guy a decent amount and I would really expect him to raise an A on the flop even given my pf action. Similarly I'd expect him to raise a flush draw on the flop because it's A high. So I'm pretty confused as to his holding, I'm giving him credit for either a random peel that picked up a straight draw or pocket pair/9, although diamonds/A are not impossible.I have not yet decided whether I will value bet a blank river or check but I'm leaning toward bet.

River T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I decide to check and he bets really quick which seems super weird mainly because I had already decided flush draw and Ace were the least likely hands he could have and betting pair/9 as a bluff isn't really in his nature. I then tell myself that he'll have JQ enough for me to call so I call and he says "I HAVE NO FLUSH" in a way that reminds me of that scene in the third Lord of the Rings where the chick stabs the guy in the face and says "I AM NO MAN". Anyway he tables T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I pat myself on the back for being right that he could peel the flop with some weird crap for me to have a realistic hope of winning if I c/c river.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM

He flopped all red, at least you had the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I think the 10/20 HU games on stars are pretty bad, they rarely run and when they do a decent regular is sitting waiting for someone. I've tried to play like 5 people (I don't know who anyone is on stars so I don't know if they were good or not), a couple of them recognized my name (deathdonkey on stars not tough) and didn't want to play and the others quit me after 10 hands or so. This would be a brag except I can't exactly make money under those circumstances so its not a brag.

Stars needs to publicize the heads up tables, I think the fish go straight to 6 max and don't realize they are there if they don't scroll to the bottom of the table list.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-08-2007, 10:51 PM

I have enough absolutely awful people sit with me usually but the problem today was that all the 15 6max games were filled with fairly reasonable lags and tags I didn't want to waste my time playing with, there was no 30 Stud 8 and I am way too frustrated with Omaha to play that so there was pretty much nothing to play. Even though I have been getting crushed in Stud 8 lately I am certain that I am a big favorite in the games so it doesn't make me happy to see how regularly the 1/2 is going these days. Basically the past week there have been 1-3 1/2 games and 0-1 30 games with the 1/2 being much better almost always which is not good when you are busto and really have no desire to play higher than 30 online anyway. Definitely agree that the HU tables should just be in the normal list of tables like the 6max are below the full ring games.

Also, I just logged on to ftp for a second and I see Crazy Mike has his own table now. This must be a very recent development because I'm sure he would have bragged to me about it on the phone if it had been there for more than a day.

If anyone has the chance to see the movie Wicker Man or whatever the [censored] it's called do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can because it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Closed Thread