Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
1) "Ownership" can be a slippery concept. Person A can "hold a 100% interest in" a company while Person B sees all of the profit and/or makes all of the decisions. I don't know if that's the case with AP, but it's something to watch out for.
2) There's also a lot of shenanigans you can pull with "consultants" who are really more like employees or even owners.
3) Yeah, AP's statement is so weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could ask, "Who owns 100% of Tokwiro"? Could be someone else is above Joe Norton, making use of the tax free status of Kahnawake.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, the reason they will not send AJ Green to jail (or even name him at this point) is the following...

Think about how much he knows about both the money flow, ownership, other scandals, etc within AP and UB. Lots of people with heavy interests in both of those either don't want those stories coming out or they don't want their dirt being told to law enforcement. Basically, he has them by the balls because he has their dirt. Described at the simplest level as blackmail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, what other scandals??? What dirt??? What else is there that we don't suspect?

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 of ALL companies in the world has some kind of dirt, even the big companies that make and sell stuff, so...
Old 10-21-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Okay, the reason they will not send AJ Green to jail (or even name him at this point)"

oops!

"Think about how much he knows about both the money flow, ownership, other scandals , etc within AP and UB. Lots of people with heavy interests in both of those either don't want those stories coming out or they don't want their dirt being told to law enforcement. Basically, he has them by the balls because he has their dirt. Described at the simplest level as blackmail."

Better not do any flying anywhere for a while! We need his picture, so if we see him getting on the same plane we can get off!

[/ QUOTE ]

So just how many other ways are players getting scammed, were the other AP props correct about getting cheated, is there more than the advertised money being taken off the top of the BBJ, is the blackjack rigged even more? To me it's kind of scary what other ways AP maybe cheating the users. For them to not sacrifice a VP (this would go a long ways to satisfying people) that could take a lot of heat off of them says that he must have lots of dirt on AP improprieties.

BTW someone in the know should have some clue if AJ Green was living the Scott Tom's house or if Scott Tom was actually in Pananma during these scams

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I do actually believe that AP, KGC, etc will be a changed organization after this -- not necessarily clean, but changed. They would never do anything this blatant again. How they ever get people to believe that they are both clean AND changed will be up to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what makes you think this. The way KGC is structured and how they "operate" the gaming sites (we're talking about a good number of them) which are at the same time "regulated" by them doesn't exactly indicate to me that too much gonna change here. Sure there won't be more blatant cheating. But this was really what we were looking for or we wanted an investigation and in the future regulation by a trustworthy THIRD party so we can feel safe that less blatant cheating won't take place either? Because for me that's the more scarier.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason I think that is because the KGC is of questionable legality themselves. Read up on it.

They do NOT want anything like this to ever happen again. Oddly enough, the Canadian gov't is really the "powerholder" here, they just sit back for the time being. Joe Norton doesn't want to attract any more attention to himself or his operations.

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest we through El D as the observer instead of Adam Small results and trip report would be much better.

And prob by the end of the tour El D would be running another company.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it got him to stop posting here forever I'd be behind it 110%

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in your hand
Old 10-21-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
posted at p5s by brsavage

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very significant amount of it but not 100% true

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically they get away with it, except for having to return the money. I'm sure Green will fall nicely on his feet. Tom's not too bad off either.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, the Canadian gov't is really the "powerholder" here, they just sit back for the time being. Joe Norton doesn't want to attract any more attention to himself or his operations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say again: if they wanted to pursue it, some Canadians would have a really strong breach of contract suit.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
posted at p5s by brsavage
I received word while at lunch that the AP release is due out very shortly. In a nutshell they still have much of the To me this looks like they're laying the blame at AJ Green's feet, but refusing to name him in order that he can better avoid criminal prosecution. investigation to complete, and that will take time. So far they have definitive proof as to who the culprit was, how he did it, and the fact that he did in fact cash out a significant amount. Further, I am being told that he had more accounts than even we had realized, and they are doing extensive investigations because some of these accounts were attempted to be deleted by him.

This person was the second in charge and has been fired from AP, and his one superior Scott Tom is going to be removed from running AP for a significant period of time. For legal reasons the AP release is not going to specifically name this person, and I will elaborate on that fact and why it makes perfect sense. Most of us know this persons name already as it has already been widely reported.

This person was Scott Tom's best friend and actually lived at Scott Tom's house in Costa Rica. Scott Tom has been living in Panama for quite some time, and the day to day operations of AP were left to the care of his best friend and second in charge at AP. Unfortunately since the person in command of AP was also the thief he obviously issued numerous steadfast denials of any wrong doing. Basically he was investigating himself.

Since this person was a high ranking official he had access to very sensitive information, not only regarding the operations of the company, but also very sensitive information regarding player accounts, balances, names, deposits, withdrawals etc. Because of the Internet Gaming Act their is still a wide gray area as to what is sensitive and what is not. As such the attorneys for both AP and the KGC have the same opinion that is best not to release his name publicly for the simple fact that they do not want more harm being done to the industry as a result of this person possibly trying to disclose this information publicly as a retaliation for him being fired from AP.

Further, even though Scott Tom was not involved in the actual theft, he is responsible for the actions of his friend and second in charge of the company, which is why he is being removed for a significant time frame while the entire process of restoring trust in AP takes place.

I am being told that all monies players were cheated out of will be repaid. I also have made strong overtures and recommendations that in any case involving a player being cheated AP should err on the side of caution and compensate the player if their is any doubt that he was affected.

As I stated before, they already have found several accounts that even we had not known about, and evidence of some accounts that the second in charge tried to delete. All of this investigation is going to take time, but it appears that simply based on this disclosure that they are definitively going to make a concerted effort to make things right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only presume that the definitive proof relating to the who and how will be released for scrutiny...

Basically at the moment they are laying the blame at AJ Green's feet for anything they acknowledge as criminal activity, but they won't publish his name presumably to insulate him from potential criminal prosecution.

The line on Tom is somewhat confusing (he was not involved in the theft, but does have to take responsibility for the actions of Green. WTF?), but basically they're not admitting any wrongdoing on his part, and they're putting him out of sight for a while to regain consumer trust in AP.

But wasn't their stance, like, two days ago that Scott Tom didn't work for AP anyway?

This is all so absurd.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Closed Thread