Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does blowing this story up help online poker in anyway?
The fallout from this is way bigger than any upside I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]
regulate
The cat is out of the bag. We are not risking the health of online poker by getting the word out, those who abused their positions in the industry for a quick and amoral profit did so already.
What matters most is the long term health of online poker. I think and most in here agree that getting the information out there with a rational interpretation of the facts will provide short term pain but in the long run is the most +EV (or perhaps least -EV) play. It might end up causing the US to regulate the industry and thus making it more mainstream.

IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I don't trust the US govt to regulate anything the right way. I understand why everyone thinks this can help online gambling but knee jerk reactions from the US govt seem to last a lot longer than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. But at this point, trying to hide this under the rug and then having it exposed by 'fear mongers' is the only other alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just hope the US doesn't ban online gaming outright b/c of this
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At 2am Today I Posted The Following

[ QUOTE ]
I hardly think that their reputation has reached the point of no return, as far as poker sites go at least. Other companies such as tylenol and chrysler have gone through far worse. AP simply needs to find a scapegoat, do a 180 on their stance for a while, offer some bonuses, and start counting their profits again.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 9:40am Dewitt Posted

[ QUOTE ]
If I ran Absolute Poker, I would take a lesson from past corporate attempts at cover ups, sacrifice the cheaters, and institute safeguards to prevent this ever happening again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] is plagiarizing my material.

I got some interesting economic ideas for stories bro, just hit me up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are dumb
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM

All, I've posted this (The Freakonomics artcile) on my Facebook and added a comment encouraging my friends to post this too. I suggest you do the same. The more of you that do, the more people that will find out about it.

D
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
over/under # of days it takes for this story to be picked up by a major news outlet

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a few of the whistle-blowers are already in contact with "60 Minutes".

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Am I the only one the real mainstream media won't really care about this whole thing?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does blowing this story up help online poker in anyway?
The fallout from this is way bigger than any upside I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]
regulate
The cat is out of the bag. We are not risking the health of online poker by getting the word out, those who abused their positions in the industry for a quick and amoral profit did so already.
What matters most is the long term health of online poker. I think and most in here agree that getting the information out there with a rational interpretation of the facts will provide short term pain but in the long run is the most +EV (or perhaps least -EV) play. It might end up causing the US to regulate the industry and thus making it more mainstream.

IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I don't trust the US govt to regulate anything the right way. I understand why everyone thinks this can help online gambling but knee jerk reactions from the US govt seem to last a lot longer than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. But at this point, trying to hide this under the rug and then having it exposed by 'fear mongers' is the only other alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just hope the US doesn't ban online gaming outright b/c of this

[/ QUOTE ]
level?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tried submitting the poker-king article to Fark, someone beat me to it (was rejected), also just sent it into slashdot, although I'm not sure it's the sort of thing they'd generally pick up on

[/ QUOTE ]
How about "The Smoking Gun"?

ok - thanks. Thought the whole HH was posted there.

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The article from the NYtimes is now on the front page on digg. Since his article also links to these forums, lets hope that one gets more diggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even barring the direct link to 2+2, the NYTimes piece is much more clearly written, more extensive in its directions, and more accurate.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fear makes people think irrationally, I keep thinking this in the back of my head too, even though I know it doesn't make sense. I'm more worried about getting my cash out of Abso in time though [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Closed Thread