Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Do AP have a license to operate?

[ QUOTE ]
well UltimateBet is safe they have the permit it has it on KW website link.

UB has always been legit and safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well according to the license they must keep 5 years worth of gaming records, which would be hand histories I believe.

I have been acking them for my HH's for 3 days.

I have not even recieved a reply or acknowledgement of my request.

If I don't hear from then with in the next 12 hours I will be asking the gambling commision to look into it and revoke their license if approppiate.

If I don't hear from the gambling commision I will be asking the Canadian Government to invade the tin-pot state!!

Cos that's the knd of guy I am!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it AP are no longer on the list of Permit Holders

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/

Of the commision under which they ooperate.

http://www.absolutepoker.net/about-us/Index.html

Thus it would appear to me they are operating without a permit/license and thus illegally?

I was not sure where to post this but I thought it was an important legal matter and I did not want to to get buried in a big thread, although I may mention it in there too.

I though in particular people who play at the site should be aware of this as they appear to be playing on an unlicensed site???

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of boredom about a year ago I went to the KGC site and I think I saw a reference to a firm which was allowed to operate gambling servers there during the application processing period. They weren't listed as having a permit, as I recall, but still could run gambling during that process period. Maybe when you change key personnel or change owners you have to reapply and you fall back into that status. My memory is a bit hazy, but that's how I remember it. BUT the real answer about whether that is a possibility is in their amazingly heavy duty regulations. I'm too lazy to read them, having skimmed them recently, but you might be willing to do that. Maybe they talk about pending stuff in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that you can operate whilst applying for a license is ludricous.
"No Officer, I don't have a driving licenses, but I am taking driving lessons!!".

No way!!

Or "No I don't have license to sell alcohol but I have sent in an application form!!".
Old 10-28-2007, 01:20 AM

I guess you guys are glad your president is taking an interest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it AP are no longer on the list of Permit Holders

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/

Of the commision under which they ooperate.

http://www.absolutepoker.net/about-us/Index.html

Thus it would appear to me they are operating without a permit/license and thus illegally?

I was not sure where to post this but I thought it was an important legal matter and I did not want to to get buried in a big thread, although I may mention it in there too.

I though in particular people who play at the site should be aware of this as they appear to be playing on an unlicensed site???

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of boredom about a year ago I went to the KGC site and I think I saw a reference to a firm which was allowed to operate gambling servers there during the application processing period. They weren't listed as having a permit, as I recall, but still could run gambling during that process period. Maybe when you change key personnel or change owners you have to reapply and you fall back into that status. My memory is a bit hazy, but that's how I remember it. BUT the real answer about whether that is a possibility is in their amazingly heavy duty regulations. I'm too lazy to read them, having skimmed them recently, but you might be willing to do that. Maybe they talk about pending stuff in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that you can operate whilst applying for a license is ludricous.
"No Officer, I don't have a driving licenses, but I am taking driving lessons!!".

No way!!

Or "No I don't have license to sell alcohol but I have sent in an application form!!".

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever hear of a "learner's permit?"
or how about this

"With its new provisional license, The Charleston School of Law is expected to open next year with a class of at least 125 students"
or this on running a nursing home in California

"I understand that the California Provisional License is valid for 12 months only, it is not renewable. I must take and pass the State Examination within the 12-month time frame. I further understand that if I do not pass the examination during that time, I will have to reapply through regular reciprocity procedures with NHAP"

Purgatory is alive and well in the world of government granted licenses, AND I didn't just make up that stuff about seeing such a thing at the KGC site before, about a year ago. So I am going to continue to score - license pending - as a possibility.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Well H11, they won't be having any of my money.

Play there if you like, but you won't be playing against me!!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:43 AM

2+2 also don't have a license.

Please follow logical steps.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 AM

OMG. Does this mean BBV can see the whole cards?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basic logic, no trust, no play.

Served me well so far!!

When I smell a rat I am OUT!!

And 2+2 ain't a gambling site,if you follow my logic!!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basic logic, no trust, no play.

Served me well so far!!

When I smell a rat I am OUT!!

And 2+2 ain't a gambling site,if you follow my logic!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if AP isn't licensed then we would have to conclude - they are naughty.

I never felt any security because of the KGC. I always assumed that many sites registered there would cheat me if that was in their best economic interest. I picture a lot of really sleazy people owning a lot of these off shore gambling sites. But AP is probably worth something like 150 million dollars, and I have faith that greed will motivate the owner to clean up this mess and run an honest shop. He makes a fortune playing straight, so there is no real incentive to be crooked. But if you want to rely on gaming commissions such as this one, feel free to do that.

And if AP has violated their rules, feel free in joining me in declaring AP officially naughty.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] Important legal matter.

<font color="white">Lori </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] opportunity for wannabe lawyers to pretend they are edukated.