Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Inappropriate Avatar?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone was allowed an avatar with someone's pic with big letters saying "BABY RAPIST on the top and bottom", that has been their avatar for a long time and I have yet to hear it mentioned. Not allowing the word "RAPIST" in avatars would probably be a smart call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was the pic of another poster? Or someone in the media, or someone completely anonymous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poster's name is RiverFenix. I have no idea who the person portrayed is.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM

I thought eds avatar was funny but I had no idea that it was from a real group of nazis. Changes things alot imo. Good news is most people, like me, dont know where its from.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:16 PM

I would let the rapist avatar stand, unless Ribbo starts complaining about it.

WRT the snowman avatar, I agree with AJ. He has it hosted on a photobucket account with a random name, so there are no ties to any racist website or propaganda or anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Its not two little girls making fun of Hitler, its two little girls idolizing Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless, it looks like two girls making fun of Hitler, to anybody except those that actually know where it came from.

[ QUOTE ]
We removed a cactus that looked like a swastika and that was a coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
That whole situation was completely laughable.

[ QUOTE ]
I am all for free speech, but if Ed wants to express support for Prussian Blue then he should do it on his own website, not 2+2 - which is owned by people of Jewish decent - ironic isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
The only irony in this statement is in the first 6 words.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'm tempted to ban him myself for the avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Settle the hell down. A ban would be totally inappropriate, without at least a PM dialog beforehand.

All that said, the WWMMD principle does say that it should probably go.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Ed avatar is fine. Nobody views that as support for some hate group without looking way too hard.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. He did write me about it (although I had already seen it before him; he has Rempel on ignore). He didn't exactly ask me to take it down, but he wanted to make sure I was aware of it, and seemed as baffled as I am about the intense hate this guy has for him (Ribbo).
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. He did write me about it (although I had already seen it before him; he has Rempel on ignore). He didn't exactly ask me to take it down, but he wanted to make sure I was aware of it, and seemed as baffled as I am about the intense hate this guy has for him (Ribbo).

[/ QUOTE ]
If somebody did this to me, especially with that kind of history, I would just laugh and laugh and laugh.

I'm not a Serial Rapist, though.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"i am support free speech, as long as it doesn't offend jews."

This is really such a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free speech on a privately owned web forum doesn't exist. We can express your right to free speech elsewhere, but we don't have that absolute right here - its 2+2's decision. I think thats basically understood by most users, it should also be clear to all mods.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"i am support free speech, as long as it doesn't offend jews."

This is really such a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free speech on a privately owned web forum doesn't exist. We can express your right to free speech elsewhere, but we don't have that absolute right here - its 2+2's decision. I think thats basically understood by most users, it should also be clear to all mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this is true, I don't see how it disputes Nick's comment.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought eds avatar was funny but I had no idea that it was from a real group of nazis. Changes things alot imo. Good news is most people, like me, dont know where its from.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 million hits on their website after a report by ABC news - http://www.prussianbluestore.com/. Thats a lot of people after a news story.

"# Recently they received international media attention because Prussian Blue is a White Pride band. The songs they the girls sing reflect their White Nationalist beliefs. Today, if you are White ,and proud to be White , it is considered Politically Incorrect by the media. The music that Prussian Blue performs is intended for White people. They hope to help fellow Whites come to understand that love for one’s race is a beautiful gift that we should celebrate."

Fan mail -
"Hi P. Blue, I found an article in a German gazette, showing both of you wearing the Hitler-smiling shirts. It was written to blame you, of course, and ... made me curious. I got a surprise such that I never would have thought - your music and lyrics affected me to tears. I thought about your message- this 'pride of heritage and name'. My grandfather was an accountant and SS-Member during WWII, fighting in Croatia against partisans. My whole youth I learned to be hostile against my ancestors’ history. For me - as for you - this time was long over; I felt moral superior to him and he was silent, never speaking about the war. Today, I feel ashamed for my attitude, but he is no longer alive to tell him of my regrets. I think he has done what his time demanded him to do - to give his family a better future in a self-determined nation. To be proud of this struggle is a hard piece of work in negative surroundings like modern Germany. You pushed me to think about our cir*****stances and the terrible condition we are in as a people. Therefore I'd like to send you an old picture of my grandma's Wedding with him on December 1933, may it inspire your lyrics. It has never left the family and was a long time hidden, hope you like it and ... I hope to see you perform once in Berlin. lovely greets, Jens"

more
"Hi Girls. I read about you in a South African Magazine. They told SA just what this messed up Country wanted to hear. How evil you guys are and how your parents are to blame for your downfall. Well, I am not that kind of South African. I am a separatist fighting a losing battle in the country my forefather fought and died for. Allow me a few moments to tell you what is going on in this Country. Since 1994 this country has gone to hell! Our crime rate is the highest in the world with a woman and Child being raped every 25 seconds. We also have one of the highest numbers of Aids infected people in the world. Sangomas (Black Traditional healers) tell the black masses that their Aids can be cured by raping a white Virgin. Mostly these white girls (and boys) are murdered after the rape. Due to affirmative action, white people are becoming poorer and poorer. If you are a Afrikaner you will find it extremely hard to find a job, and if you already have one u stand a good chance of losing it to a incompetent black woman with no degree of experience. Even going to college is becoming very challenging. A black person that failed to pass their final high school year would stand a better chance of becoming a qualified doctor than a white person that graduated highest in his class. Maybe you have heard of the SA Genocide called Farm murders. Since 1994 more that 2000 white farmers (usually elderly, woman and children) have been tortured and murdered. Allow me to explain a few methods that are being used by these bloodthirsty animals. Throwing boiling water over the victim is very common. Burning the victims with an iron, skinning the victim's feet and strangling is also methods used. If they can find a woman on the farm they attacked, they usually rape her, or at least assault her indecently, while her husband, father, or children are forced to watch. There is also a possible plot brewing amongst the black population to murder as many whites in one attempt as possible. It is called "Uhuru" or "the night of the long knives" This as possibly only a rumor that is being spread, but in a country like this, anything is possible. Can the Afrikaner people and other whites depend on u for support in these dark times that we in SA live in? We are in desperate need of international friends. I am hoping to hear from you soon! Sarel XXXX "

ugh.. this makes me sick.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:03 PM

I can't stop laughing at this:

Prussian Blue- Sisters
[ QUOTE ]
We are sisters, UGLY and PROUD. We feel the poo as it comes out. We don't care if it's green or yellow, as long as it smells poopy.

We know we can't compare ourselves with Mary Kate and Ashley in 'beauty', but we got a mean stink and we ain't afraid of being booed at, 'cause we'll scare everyone away with our keed, yeah, that's our creed.

We racists gotta do someting 'bout those whites, man. They ruinin' our lives, and, of course, the blacks are best! Prussian Blue, man. That's us, we hate and we don't care, as long as we got our poo, we fine, we sisters. We sisters till the end, till the end (which is in a few days).

[/ QUOTE ]
Source