Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Inappropriate Avatar?

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7...edribboxq6.jpg

Okay, this guy doesn't like Ribbo. I guess Ribbo owns him in PLO. He seems very immature and childish in his arguments. I think he must be young.

Anyway, he is upset that Ribbo is back on 2+2 and whining about it (although he is the one who seems to be doing most of the baiting, imo).

So he changed his avatar to show a pic of Ribbo with a surrounding "Serial Rapist Wanted" poster.

Too far?

TIA,

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Inappropriate Avatar?

Too far.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:28 PM

I wish I understood why this avatar is still around, especially after Ed recently made a semi-race bating statement(sorry, I cant find it now). I think his nazi-twins (who are real life white supremests) are more of a statement than some of us might be comfortable with admitting.

I hate to harp on this... but its really foul to me.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:57 PM

if that snowman avatar is removed, it would be really lame.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if that snowman avatar is removed, it would be really lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you approve of two little girls who are real-life white supremacists, whose family wants to separate the nation into white and now white territories, and has ties to the Aryan Nation, KKK, the American Nazi party and the National Front? Thats pretty offensive to me. If you think Ed Furlong doesn't know he is creating a very offensive statement with that avatar then your naive.

We removed a cactus that looked like a swastika and that was a coincidence. This is the real deal, those two little inspire hate crimes. They are Prussian Blue, the pop-idols of white race-separatist Americans.

You still want the snowman avatar after learning what that really symbolizes? Its not two little girls making fun of Hitler, its two little girls idolizing Hitler. We are supporting their propaganda by not banning the avatar.

PS: maybe I am out of line, but this one really hits close to home for me. As close to home as it can be.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:39 PM

I do not think the snowman avatar should be removed. We are supporting propaganda by not banning the avatar? How are we doing that? Are people going to be swayed to that side of the spectrum by this picture? Is it providing some kind of compelling argument for that train of thought? Is it somehow singlehandedly inciting rage towards a group? FAR from it.

If anything, it does more to display how silly all of it really is. That group of white supremacists is seriously a joke. They hold rally's that 50 or so skinheads attend and yell at. They have no power, and they are no threat. Let them yell, they bury themselves. Also, the girls are pretty bad performers.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 PM

The snowman avatar is way over the line. Remember, the racism standard around here is WWMMD. Making people who deliberately incite hatred look cute and innocent would definately qualify as racist. Also, avatars are all of our responsibility and *TT*, myself or any of us can ask ed to take it down. Honestly, I'm tempted to ban him myself for the avatar.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:45 PM

i can't even really see ed's avatar when it's not blown up, i was wondering wtf it was
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are supporting propaganda by not banning the avatar? How are we doing that? Are people going to be swayed to that side of the spectrum by this picture? Is it providing some kind of compelling argument for that train of thought? FAR from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are letting Prussian Blue get free exposure, its naive to not see that - its far easier to close your eyes and ignore it than to fight it head on. Their parents are brilliant marketers, they realize that by creating cute images of two young white supremacists they are single handedly reshaping the "movement" to include clean cut Americans for the first time since the middle of the century. And by allowing Ed or anyone else to use their daughters as an avatar they are getting all the free advertising they want to expose their philosophy on race.

I am all for free speech, but if Ed wants to express support for Prussian Blue then he should do it on his own website, not 2+2 - which is owned by people of Jewish decent - ironic isn't it?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The snowman avatar is way over the line. Remember, the racism standard around here is WWMMD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, based on past experience Mason would have the avatar removed. Ed never posts in B&M so I don't want to touch it, but since he posts in tons of other forums any of you can do the deed.

PS - I don't think he should be suspended or anything, just have the avatar removed.