Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Default First Post With JJ On The Button

First Post, please let me know if there was a better way I could have posted this and any mistakes I made.

4/8 Limit Bicycle Club

Hero: OTB with JsJc

2 early callers
1 middle caller
2 late callers

Hero raises

BB/SB call
Everyone else calls
8 players to the flop

16 SB on the flop of Ah Kd 6c (8plys x 2sb = 16sb) if I made a mistake here please feel free to correct me.
Not a very good flop with two overcards out but I’m thinking if anyone bets I’ll call and see what the turn is. If anyone raises I’m out, and then move on to the next hand.

1ep; plays any two card and calls to the river. Plays a hand then leaves for 20min, then comes back and plays another hand.
2ep: older gent, again playing any two cards but willing to give up if he doesn’t get a piece of the flop

1mp: younger gent, seems to be playing any two cards with T or higher

1lp: has lots of chips and calls any two cards to see the flop
2lp: flashy guy in pink, likes to try to bully the table with whatever money he has at the time

SB: this guy plays every hand no matter what he has and always acts out of turn
BB: Lady that just seems to be starting out.

Everyone checks to Hero: bets
I’m thinking the worst I could be looking at is a CR

SB/BB fold
2 early players folds
1 middle player folds

1lp folds
2lp calls

2plyrs to the turn

18 SB before the turn

Turn: Ts

2lp checks….

board of (Ah Kd 6c) (Ts)

Hero: checks What should I have done here?

I’m thinking the best I can do is catch one of the remaing Jacks or catch a Q and make the straight. The plyr I’m HU against I don’t think I can run of with a bet at this point, not for one bet anyway

River : 2s

2lp: checks

board of (Ah Kd 6c) (Ts) (2s)

Hero: What should I have done?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: First Post With JJ On The Button

I check all three postflop streets.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 PM

Preflop obviously good (you're going to win more than your fair share of pots with this hand up against this many people).

Flop with this many people and the two must beloved cards on the table (A and K) I just let it check thru, but that might be too weak. With a pot this big I just don't think you're gonna get a King to fold and obviously not an Ace and someone has one of these cards, like, always. I like your plan of simply calling a single bet (you have enough implied odds to catch your set or runner runner straight) and folding to a raise.

As played, the flop bet really thinned the field but I still think you're not gonna shake even a King. I let the turn check thru as well.

River I also let check thru, at this point I just don't see any worse hands calling you. If someone hadda bet, you'd be getting 10:1 but man I don't know if you can even make a crying call on this one...

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River I also let check thru, at this point I just don't see any worse hands calling you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's crazy talk. I like a check as well, but you can definitely get called by a worse hand here. Any pair will call.

-eric
Old 11-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Everyone checks to Hero: bets
I’m thinking the worst I could be looking at is a CR

Yikes. This is an awful board you've been given a golden opportunity to take a free card. Take it. Putting 1 big bet into a 9 big bet pot with only 2 outs is a substantial profit loss.

As played, I like your turn check. I'd call river if he had bet, but since he didn't, I'd check behind.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM

I really don't mind the flop bet. It allows hero to showdown cheaply, since I am not too happy about folding anywhere postflop (your check opens the door for anyone to bet with any pair/draw)
But after that bet and the folds, heads-up checking is completely fine. I'd probably call if he bet the river, getting 19:1.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Does no one like a checked flop and bet on the turn when checked to? Representing a slow played A, 2 pair or set?

I might try to run that semi-bluff on the turn and if called and checked to on the river I'd check thru.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does no one like a checked flop and bet on the turn when checked to? Representing a slow played A, 2 pair or set?

I might try to run that semi-bluff on the turn and if called and checked to on the river I'd check thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 47 opponents? Not I [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like a flop bet here, mainly because I think it get it checked to you on the turn. On the turn you've picked up some outs and I like a check. You're not going to induce a better hand to fold, and you've got some outs. Take your freebie. On the river I'd have been willing to call one bet, but would also check behind and expect to see a garbage King a lot.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heads-up checking is completely fine. I'd probably call if he bet the river, getting 19:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops sorry more like 10:1 since we're talking big bets now, but still,
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM

I wouldn't have bet the flop either. As played, the turn check is fine. I think we can make an argument for a value bet on the end. Once you check the turn behind I think even the worst players will read you for an underpair or worse. If he had a K, I think he would likely bet the river (especially given the read; this is pink shirt guy, right?). So if he doesn't have a K, and he clearly doesn't have QJ, then the majority of his range is pocket pairs, QT and JT, all of which you beat and all of which stand a good chance of calling a bet.

Just saying.