Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Live 88 in the SB

here's a hand i played a while back. i actually don't remember if it's 2/5 or 1/2, but if memory serves i was on a list at the time so it's likely 1/2. i remember most of the details, so here we go.

my image is very noticeably squeaky tight. i've been very card-dead for the past few hours and it's even been commented about by some players at the table.

no memory of reads on the limpers(one was tight, one wasn't). they have effective stacks of 200 for the sake of simplicity. the PFR is a young kid who got lucky a few hands back after he had a desperation all-in pf with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a 4 or 5 way pot and ended up like, quadrupling up, when he hit a flush. so he was stuck but has bounced back a bit. he has about $220 in front.

i'm down a bit from my $200 buyin. my stack is about $156(woohoo).

2 limpers, kid raises to $12 straight in late position(CO i think), i coldcall from sb with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], limpers call. 4 to the flop.

Flop(48.00): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i fire 35.00, folds to PFR who thinks for a sec and calls.

Turn(120.00): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

without hesitation i break the rest of my stack down, cutting it into 25.00 stacks, betting 108.00 and all in. good or bad?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Live 88 in the SB

spew.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Live 88 in the SB

I check-fold the flop.

Counting on a loose & lucky monkey to notice that you are tight and betting out is really wishful thinking. Especially on a board that's likely to have connected with his hand in some way.