Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nutt will need to beat Auburn to have a chance to keep his job IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't beat Auburn. The only SEC game we will win this year is at Ole Miss. And after we lose at Auburn, Nutt will definitely be gone after this season. I just feel bad for McFadden. Most talented guy guy in college football but he's on a team that isn't doing crap.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread *DELETED*

AS,
glad to hear you had fun. I agree with your assessment. That KM fumble sucked hard (though not as bad as last year, he still needs to learn how to hang on to the ball). I was actually fairly impressed on how our secondary held up, it was the 4th down conversions/damn hester that killed us.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the banner that was flown over the Arkansas game. Must-win for Nutt on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at the banner. The game didn't help Nutt's cause either because we played horrible. I couldn't take it anymore and left at half time even tho I scalped some good tickets at like the 40 yd line.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:26 PM

This week's SEC IMO

Florida played LSU even on LSU's field. Florida made the few extra mistakes that they were so good at avoiding last year. Matt Flynn isn't developing enough. LSU needs Doucet back.

I was surprised Georgia couldn't put up more points on Tennessee. I was eating an Illini postgame meal, so wasn't following the action too closely. 0 first half points really surprised me. The Vols offense playing well didn't surprise me.

Vandy is really a pretender. One of the few things I anticipated and made money off of this week. How can an offense that was decent last year and returned all but one wideout starter look so bad?

Spurrier is the man. Woodson picked a bad time to have a rough game.

McFadden is really the man.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM

Breaking the SEC down...

Tier 1 (LSU)
LSU

Tier 2 (contenders)
Florida
South Carolina

Tier 3 (could go either way)
Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia
Kentucky

Tier 4 (meh)
Arkansas
Bama
Miss St (not bad against a brutal schedule vs. LSU, @ Auburn, @ SC)

Tier 5 (bad)
Ole Miss
Vandy
Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Breaking the SEC down...

Tier 1 (LSU)
LSU

Tier 2 (contenders)
Florida
South Carolina

Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia
Kentucky

Tier 4 (meh)
Arkansas
Bama

Tier 5 (bad)
Ole Miss
Vandy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its too early to call SC a contender. They definitely could be. They have done everything expected of them up to this point. We will find out the details when they face Florida (and maybe Tennessee).

Tier 3 is definite mediocrity. These teams all can be great one week and awful the next.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Some thoughts on LSU I have to get off my chest:

1) The players bailed the coaches out Saturday night. I'm not only talking about the way they performed converting 5/5 fourth downs (2 of which were questionable coaching decisions). I mean the fact that LSU attacked the strength of UF's defense, not going after their secondary, and still won that battle. We have a solid vertical passing game, and did not use it much. Instead we ran right into the heart of UF's defense. Defensively we played very risk averse. UF is probably going to make plays, but we still have to take some risks. We have to count on our ability to make big plays too (on D)! Pressuring the offense on first down and playing more people close to the line will create more second and third and longs. This means more passing for Tebow -- which is what we want! If they make a big play (and they will) we deal with it, and make up for it with big plays of our own. We still won... barely.

2) Ryan Perrilloux is clearly better than Matt Flynn. Now, we should be clear that Flynn is still not 100% (ankle). Also, I am the guy that was very high on Flynn coming into this year -- I thought he was likely to be 2nd team all-SEC. But Perrilloux gives us the better chance to win. I think he is better is all aspects of QBing right now, including passing. Yes, his arm is better than Flynn's, though his decision making may still be suspect (I suspect this is the case, and the reason we have not seen him throw as much is because of this), so there may be some justification for holding him out. Still, there is no reason Flynn should have played against Tulane IMO. He should have been resting his ankle. This 2 headed QB works at its best when QB #1 is healthy.

3) We are legit number 1!! Feels good. GEAUX TIGERS!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so im back

LSU was very very fun. I got to campus @ 10:00am. Walked around and got lost multiple times. The tailgating was very sick and the place was completely bombed very early. The majority of LSU fans are really bad @ heckling Gator fans though, which was a little weak. The only thing they said was "Tiger Bait!" over and over. We were sort of disappointed by the unoriginality and such. We met some really cool tailgators who had this sort of snowboard type thing with 4 holes (for shot glasses) in it. They were entertaining gator fans by giving us shots and serving us some gumbo (which was amazing). So props to them.

As for the game: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] . We beat ourselves

-Moore's fumble was, imo, the play of the game. Instead of starting the 4th quarter up 10, with the ball in LSU territory, we fumble
-Tebow's interception. Once again some terrible playcalling and just awfulness by Meyer in the 4th quarter. I am really STILL super disappointed in Meyer and the way he has handled the team (specifically real-time decisions/playcalling, etc).
-3rd and 16. Behind the Moore fumble, this is the play of the game. Simply NO EXCUSE for Matt Flynn to be able to scramble 15 yards here. just rjnbherjbhwjklrtbh
-3rd/4th and shorts. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you had a good time. But please don't knock Tiger fans for shouting "Tiger Bait." I starting seeing people "chomping" on I-10 more then 100 miles from Baton Rouge. For the record I think saying Tiger Bait is retarded.

I've been to more LSU games that I can count and that was the best atmosphere for a game in Tiger Stadium I've ever seen.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Breaking the SEC down...

Tier 1 (LSU)
LSU

Tier 2 (contenders)
Florida
South Carolina

Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia
Kentucky

Tier 4 (meh)
Arkansas
Bama

Tier 5 (bad)
Ole Miss
Vandy

[/ QUOTE ]

UGA belongs on Tier 4 without a doubt. They have lost 6 straight to the East and lost in particularly embarrassing fashion this week. If losing 6 straight to the East isn't enough to get on Tier 4, I don't know what is.

Other than that no quibbles.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to more LSU games that I can count and that was the best atmosphere for a game in Tiger Stadium I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

When LSU wins, it's a great atmosphere. When they lose, it can be toxic. I was at the 2002 Alabama game (bama won 31-0) and after the game, I was in the player's parents parking area (my brother-in-law played for LSU at this time). A group of bama fans walked by, and a *player's father* started *cussing* at this co-ed wearing a bama jersey. I mean, dirty stuff. She finally turned around and said "you're just pissed because you lost, THIRTY ONE TO ZERO, BITCH!"

The man then threw a FULL, UNOPENED can of beer at her, hitting her right in the numbers and dropping her like a rock. Then he laughed. None of the LSU fans in the immediate area thought enough about it to help her out, or to say anything to the jackass (and plenty saw it happen, since they were both being pretty loud).

Good times.