FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 AM

Default 20 6Max: Readless JJ from BB early

Trouble spot for me:

Blinds 20/40
UTG (1550)
Villain1, button (1600)
Hero (1380), BB

UTG raises to 140, Villain1 calls, Hero with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises to 450, UTG folds, Villain1 calls.

Pot: 1100

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero ?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: 20 6Max: Readless JJ from BB early

I dont understand the question when u reraise with JJ here u can check/fold bet/fold , check call is so bad. Both lines are thin added to the fact AKQ will come on the flop 50% of the time you put yourself in this spot.

PITS
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 AM

I'd push preflop, Hate playing jacks oop with under a PSB in the stack.

With this much in, I think were committed. I like the following, in this order.

1: Push the flop
2: CRAI the flop
3: Bet 250 and fold to a push.
4: Bet 250 and call a push.

I honestly think were pretty fine with any of them, I dont think it matters too much. What matters is his range, his aggression level, How often he calls without a pair of queens or better, How often he bets if we check without anything. Without reads, I cant answer any of those. Sheerly based on stack sizes, I think we should have pushed preflop, and now that were here, were committed.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Just on the basic assumption that this flop has missed villain, I lead. Normally, I'd say half pot, but that basically means you're all-in. His call signals weakness and I see his second call as feeling committed.

That's the aggressive play, obviously. You might do better to check and see what he does given what I perceive to be weak play. Maybe he tosses out a little bet that you can read as nothing and come back over him or he plays big and you can fold.

I like leading and putting the pressure on.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 AM

I'd lead the flop...since any reasonable sized bet commits you I would just shove.

Interesting that villain flatcalled twice, the second time for over 1/4 of his stack...wouldn't shock me if he flipped over a big pair.

Preflop I would've shoved with 340 already in the pot...you might get looked up by a worse pp since it looks "squeezy".
Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 AM

This is a basic problem, I think:

I bet 250 preflop, he pushed, I called. I wanted him to push here with 1010/99, thinking that I have AK and whiffed. With a Q on the board and the only likely hand that beats me here being AQ, I liked trying to induce a push from a mid-pair rather than giving a free card / unfolding a scare card on the turn and killing my action.

Preflop, I was trying to come up with a plan that did not committ me but maximized value against one opponent's 99/1010, who may come along for the ride preflop at this level. My plan was to fold to a push preflop OR to fold if an A or K came out. My main reason for this plan was that I have no reads and have an issue with putting myself in a "well, there is 300 in the pot and I'm OOP, JJ is too strong to fold here 6-max, just push."

Barry
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM

I'd generally CR here. I'm just looking to get my stack in when I've put 1/3 of it in already. If you bet, you have to call, but I hate that sinking feeling when they push. Actually, if I bet here, it's a shove because it looks more like AK.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:12 PM

push pre
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no reads and have an issue with putting myself in a "well, there is 300 in the pot and I'm OOP, JJ is too strong to fold here 6-max, just push."

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that? Can you show a way to net more than 20% of our stack on average here, from OOP with a hand that doesnt hit sets often and is a favorite to flop an overcard?

4Card
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trouble spot for me:

Blinds 20/40
UTG (1550)
Villain1, button (1600)
Hero (1380), BB

UTG raises to 140, Villain1 calls, Hero with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises to 450, UTG folds, Villain1 calls.

Pot: 1100

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the fact that villain1 just flatcalled a UTG raise and your 3-bet, i think that his range is almost exclusively PP's < JJ. With AQ/AQs i think he either shoves or folds when you make it 450. KQs should have been a fold after your 3-bet too. That said, whatever he has, he's playing it very badly, so it's hard to narrow his range. I would lead out for 700-750 here and call if he shoves. 700-750 will make your hand look like AK and might induce him to shove 66-TT.