Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

I will say it's pretty ballsy for the other parents to be filing for property damage after they basically helped drive their neighbor's daughter to suicide...
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling vigilante justice will win the day. Hoping, at least. Being ostracized from the community is a fitting punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yea. They need to go Carl Lee Hailey on them.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OOT has done similar

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how everybody here seems to be ignoring this, when it's definitely true that OOT seems to have a love for trainwrecks that could definitely [censored] with people's heads.

The parents of the other girl are scum. But I think the concept of a lawsuit here is silly, and I find it bizarre how a crowd which frequently enjoys being dicks on the internet (and deriding people who take it seriously) can think otherwise. If being a dick to people is grounds for a lawsuit, I think a lot of us better stop posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

What a terrible story for everyone. The adults who did this to the kid should be punished.

I do have to say that if someone did this to me, my first reaction would not be to destroy the foosball table they were storing at my house. That's weird.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT has done similar

[/ QUOTE ]

shawn_p and lisa nolan anyone?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While what the other family did is just unthinkably mean, I don't think you can really blame them for the kid's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you [censored] serious?? Thats an unbelievably stupid statement....of course they are to blame for this girls death. They are adults, they willingly and knowingy [censored] with a 13 year old girl, who they knew had emotional problems, and 13 year old girls are emotional enough as it is. They [censored] with her in the worst way possible. They targeted an overweight girl with self esteem issues by pretending to be a hot boy and then snatching that away and embarrasing her in front of her entire peer group. They might not have been able to predict she would off her self, but they couldnt predict what an unstable girl would do in that situation, and they should have known that whatever her reaction it wouldnt have been healthy, and they are entirely responsible for whatever action she took.

Everyone on this forum goes to great lengths to talk about how child molesters are the lowest scum around, and how they should just be taken out and shot. Why is that?? Because their actions ruin the development and mental well being of an innocent child The child will forever be scarred from the incident, and we find it so reprehensible because as adults we cant fathom how another adult could willingly do that to someone who is completely defenseless against them.

This situation is no different. They mentally and emotionally raped that girl, and they damn well should have known better, and it is completely outrages to think whatever action that poor girl took isnt directly their fault.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

This is a different case because they probably didn't realize their actions would have such extreme results. Yes, the girl was emotional and prone to depression. Yes, they wanted her to feel like crap. No, they didn't want her to die. No, they didn't kill her.

I don't think they should be responsible for murder. They should be responsible for tormenting a 13 year old girl, and for that alone I'd probably kill them if it was my kid. But they didn't kill the kid.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM

The girl was already an emotional and physical wreck which wasn't their fault. Im even tempted to say her own family is probably more to blame than the other horrible family. I will just say that we don't know how good/bad her parents were.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone on this forum goes to great lengths to talk about how child molesters are the lowest scum around, and how they should just be taken out and shot. Why is that?? Because their actions ruin the development and mental well being of an innocent child The child will forever be scarred from the incident, and we find it so reprehensible because as adults we cant fathom how another adult could willingly do that to someone who is completely defenseless against them.

This situation is no different. They mentally and emotionally raped that girl, and they damn well should have known better, and it is completely outrages to think whatever action that poor girl took isnt directly their fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
What they did was not close to child molestation, because with child molesters they aren't scarring the kid through myspace, they are scarring the kid by physically raping them. Physical rape is much worse than mere cruel social humiliation.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah, it's a terrible story. But there are thousands of other suicides where another party was responsible for some amount of the depression.
The adults in this were definitely pretty damn psycho though.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah this is a weird ethical/legal situation... I think it's a hard sell with "emotional abuse" in any case, particularly over the internet, because you can say (and most of the time be correct) that people don't really let what gets said on the internet bother them. But Alobar makes a decent argument, the parallels to other things we take for granted as crimes.

I dunno... I mean if she had say, asked out a real guy and he knew (or suspected very strongly) that if he rejected her she would kill herself, is he obligated to date her? I feel like it's sort of a muddy issue I guess.

I don't think they are/should be legally responsible for this but it's pretty clear that they're ethically responsible to some degree... I dunno...