Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
At no point was this ever one of our claims. Perhaps some morons suggested this might be the case (I'll vote P5's)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we lay off the inter-site snarking? Not helping.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing the reason why anyone cares about this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a column on pokerpages.com, therefore that makes him an authority on poker as far as some people are concerned. He doesn't seem to deserve this role and responsibility.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM

Interesting Views From Gambling 911: http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-102307.html

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker takes in between $1.5 mil and $2 mil per day (gross), a Gambling911.com source close to the company disclosed Monday evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Maths: (rough approximation for cash games only): 2,000 players / 6 players per table * 75 hands per hour * 24 hours per day * $0.50 rake per hand = $300,000

player estimate from here: http://pokersitescout.com/SiteDetail...1#Site_History
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting Views From Gambling 911: http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-102307.html

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker takes in between $1.5 mil and $2 mil per day (gross), a Gambling911.com source close to the company disclosed Monday evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Maths: (rough approximation for cash games only): 2,000 players / 6 players per table * 75 hands per hour * 24 hours per day * $0.50 rake per hand = $300,000

player estimate from here: http://pokersitescout.com/SiteDetail...1#Site_History

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming your calculation doesn't account for players multitabling cash games. It also doesn't account for SNG and Tournament entry fees. It probably is over $1 million a day.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM

For anyone believing West's assertion that "there is no superuser", consider the fact that AJ Green does not appear to have any background in software or computer systems, and would be unlikely to possess knowledge to compromise anything.

Furthermore, if he had the ability to see cards through some sort of backdoor hack, then account #363 (as seen in the Excel file) would not have been needed.

I don't know why it's more plausible to some people to believe in AJ Green the K-K00l Hacker than Scott Tom the Meglomaniac.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 PM

lol at gambling911 article.

step one: overstate the strength of your immediate position
almost to the point of taunting the online community.
step two: start to name the fallguys. Use Scott Tom's name and by using nine.com implicate AJ Green. at the end of it say "if it happened"
step three: post Scott Tom's pic YET AGAIN and tell people where he lives.
step four: blame the US government.
step five: profit.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone believing West's assertion that "there is no superuser", consider the fact that AJ Green does not appear to have any background in software or computer systems, and would be unlikely to possess knowledge to compromise anything.

Furthermore, if he had the ability to see cards through some sort of backdoor hack, then account #363 (as seen in the Excel file) would not have been needed.

I don't know why it's more plausible to some people to believe in AJ Green the K-K00l Hacker than Scott Tom the Meglomaniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he just wants to discredit the word so he can say he was right about something.

If anyone can see my cards, I have no problem with you calling them a superuser
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN is a sports network.
Poker is a sport.
ESPN broadcasts poker and accepts advertising from poker sites.
ESPN should be interested in this story.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN is running a big story on it very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in briefly.

I'm in the process of collecting data (I spoke with Todd, Nat and Serge today) for an article that should go up Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, depending on the research. I can't say whether it will make the front page or not, particularly since where poker is concerned, ESPN has traditionally been far more focused on competitive poker than the business of poker.

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad that you and ESPN are continuing to cover this story and am sure it will be a very informative article. However, if it stashed away in the ESPN Poker Club section, most of the casual poker-playing public will probably never see it. I know the story will most likely not be the front page's feature story , but I am hoping that ESPN will at least be able to provide a link to your article, under the news headlines, from its homepage. If ESPN.com is going to provide links to articles such as "Reilly joins ESPN; essays in magazine, on Web, TV" on its homepage, as it did today, I see no reason why they shouldn't provide one for your upcoming article on this scandal.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 PM

Okay folks... I'm not sure how accurate any of this is...

but have fun amirite?

edit: there are two people I wouldn't want to be this week for many many reasons. care to guess?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If ESPN.com is going to provide links to articles such as "Reilly joins ESPN; essays in magazine, on Web, TV" on its homepage, as it did today, I see no reason why they shouldn't provide one for your upcoming article on this scandal.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly? think about it.
Closed Thread