Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Switching up my game for $100 max at TS

I'm typically a 4-table $50 max player on Full Tilt, but my friend and his dad have invited me to go for a stay at the Turning Stone, and I haven't hung out with them in a while. But my live cash roll is a little short, and I can't play $2/$5, so I figured I would try $1/$2, but I know the buyin is 50BB. How should I adapt my style? How big does the game usually play, i.e. are there big stacks that stay there for a while, and it plays more like 100BB eventually? Are the games less action than Foxwoods (which is what I've been hearing)? Any help would be nice, as it would be very helpful for this to be a profitable trip.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Switching up my game for $100 max at TS

whenever i play it seems the standard raise is 10+ pf, rarely takes it down. i have seen some awful play there, variance is a bitch, however if you do flop a monster, its generally not too hard to get it all in by the river. i like seeing lots of cheap flops if i can while im there just because there are so many people in the pot and the postflop play is so bad the implied odds are through the roof. other than that wait for a good hand to see flop with a pf raise. i dont know what else to say, play is pretty bad and often times reads on people are SOOOO easy.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm typically a 4-table $50 max player on Full Tilt, but my friend and his dad have invited me to go for a stay at the Turning Stone, and I haven't hung out with them in a while. But my live cash roll is a little short, and I can't play $2/$5, so I figured I would try $1/$2, but I know the buyin is 50BB. How should I adapt my style? How big does the game usually play, i.e. are there big stacks that stay there for a while, and it plays more like 100BB eventually? Are the games less action than Foxwoods (which is what I've been hearing)? Any help would be nice, as it would be very helpful for this to be a profitable trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh they have 1/2 tables where you can buy in for 200 at turning stone as well as the 100 max games.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Oh, I guess none of them noticed the $200 max tables. Could anyone recommend a cheap but serviceable hotel around there? I know it's in the middle of nowhere, but I'm sure the rates are exorbitant in the Stone itself.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I guess none of them noticed the $200 max tables. Could anyone recommend a cheap but serviceable hotel around there? I know it's in the middle of nowhere, but I'm sure the rates are exorbitant in the Stone itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread about TS hotels a couple days ago.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check hotels.com and search for Verona NY. I think theres a few about 10 mins away for 80-90 bucks/night. You could call the poker room and ask for the poker rate and give them a date, but they'll probably be booked if u dont do it way in advance. Gl