Old 08-06-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: NL50 river fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I normally don't dig raising AQ in EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads, do you really not raise AQ at a standard table? I mean I'm a nit but I'm pretty much always opening AQ UTG with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo sucks OOP in a raised pot when you 100BB deep. There are times when it is ok to raise it, but in general it isn't much fun or much profitable, imo. I tend to raise it in MP though.

There are lots of better hands to raise in EP than AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it just plays differently at NL25 than NL100. At my level, people will call raises with A-rag and KQ, etc. and go way too far. So I like to bump it up and take advantage of their donkish ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel comfortable getting AI, or close to it, with TPTK then raising it here isn't as bad. I think it requires an accurate read on your opponents though. You have to know that he will cold call with Ax and then you have to be comfortable betting 3 streets against them(or check calling three streets depending on the flavor of the loose player).

However, the thing is when you raise to 3x or 4x and get called by a tight decent player to your left you aren't loving your life.

I guess my point is that when you raise it you need to have specific scenario in mind(ie, the CO is player EXTREMELY loose so I will be in good shape against his range and he will call me down with worse hands a ton). You shouldn't raise AQo in EP just because "that is my game".
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: NL50 river fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I normally don't dig raising AQ in EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads, do you really not raise AQ at a standard table? I mean I'm a nit but I'm pretty much always opening AQ UTG with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo sucks OOP in a raised pot when you 100BB deep. There are times when it is ok to raise it, but in general it isn't much fun or much profitable, imo. I tend to raise it in MP though.

There are lots of better hands to raise in EP than AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my take on it as well. I've stopped playing AQo utg and my results for AQ have gone up