Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: ft of a $55 rebuy player tell.

I would have raised preflop to see if he was serious of not. Now you really have no idea what he has, could be pocket 2's.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again is the word I was looking for. Sorry I posted this on my iPhone. Didnt realize my spelling meant more then the poker qustieon at hand.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I acually thought that "hesitated avian" was an expression I just hadn't heard or read before! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This was a typo which wasn't obviously a typo for me.

I supposed it probably meant that his hand sort of went back and forth over his chips ( a fluttering, bird like motion ), probably indicating that his first instinct was to bet, but wasn't sure about it. Maybe A9, maybe KK, maybe K4, maybe 44.

-- Don
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM

so what happened?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 PM

He's faking the "I wanna bet" tell to try to keep you from steal raising him. He's got a good draw to a possible top pair (for his situation) like a big card and a small card or some kind of connector or 1 gapper. He just want's to see the flop cheap. I'd say, J9,TJ,K-baby,Q-baby, Q9.

The King comes and it might pair him but your in the BB and he decides you might fold to an AI bet so he moves in here. After all you probably would have reraised preflop with any kind of decent King. He might have hit the 9 also and he might have a gutter with QT but on balance I think he would have moved in with QT here preflop so I only give this a very light possibility. I doubt he has any small pair or Ace baby as in a tourny even an old time player knows to move in here. My reads in this order hands like K-baby, J-9, Q-9, baby pair and Q-baby. I think he moves in preflop with stronger hands, moves in or folds weaker hands pre flop.

Problem is if you move all in preflop against his "raise preventing" attempt you know he's calling with only $5k more in front of him. At least he should with ATC. A real tight old rock squeezer might not but this would be a big error here.

On balance, I think I'm checking preflop then making my read after the flop. I'm calling with ANY pair after the flop. So, I'd call. You can't waste your time in a tourny at these blinds worrying about getting picked off by these type of short stack moves. They are going to make moves with ATC. You got a pair, you call immeadiatly post flop. His stack is too small, the pot is 6k just too much a chance he's got alot of hot air here.

You should read some small amount of contempt towards the short stack into my answer here, most of these guys are going to move all in on a bluff here with anything. You can't give them much more respect than that or you'll soon be the short stack. He could have anything here including the idea preflop of calling then moving all in on the flop regardless. If he had absolute crap (worse than my reads) you know this is exactly what he was planning. The chip move was to set the play up, if you put him all in preflop he can't put you to the test after the flop. It's harder to call after the flop and the 60 year old+ player knows this for SURE.

Dave
Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again is the word I was looking for. Sorry I posted this on my iPhone. Didnt realize my spelling meant more then the poker qustieon at hand.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The "poker questieon?" What is that?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM

Hero, maybe you typed the wrong web address. Maybe your looking for Mavis Beacon on Typing or maybe better yet the National Spelling Bee web site. You can get lots of action there. We're talking poker and since you type, it isn't possible you don't understand. No need to fill the board with borish spelling corrections. Not everybody is equally gifted at typing or spelling but I don't think that means much relative to ones playing skills. ;-)

Dave
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised preflop to see if he was serious of not. Now you really have no idea what he has, could be pocket 2's.

[/ QUOTE ]
any raise puts him all in pretty much. sb has only 5500 more and even a miniraise is more than half of that.

i snap call. he would have pushed with anything decent even aces as ur pretty much commited to calling. he decides for a stop n go as a better option with more fold equity. you hit a pair, it's the nuts HU!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 AM

and i don't see him folding preflop with 35% of his stack in there. do we really want to showdown 9 high?