Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0)

[ QUOTE ]
Damn Chinaman better earn his pay tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but Schilling going in as a Red Sox? Really? He's only played a few years here and been probably the least dominant.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Rockies win next 2 and Beckett and Schill win games 5 and 6.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's a definate HoF'er. He has to go in as a Red Sox. It may take him a few tries to get in, but he will evenually I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless post season is pro-rated way higher than I think it is, I don't think Schill is a definite HFer at all. In fact, odds are he probably won't get in unless he pitches 2 more years and gets about 30 more career wins.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to sidetrack this thread but Schilling going in as a Red Sox? Really? He's only played a few years here and been probably the least dominant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same argument as Clemens going in as a Yankee. Does the player get to choose or does MLB? If MLB gets to choose he'll probably go in as a Philly. Otherwise, assuming he wins 2 titles with the Sox, there is a pretty good chance he'd choose Boston. At least if you can believe him from what he says.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's a definate HoF'er. He has to go in as a Red Sox. It may take him a few tries to get in, but he will evenually I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless post season is pro-rated way higher than I think it is, I don't think Schill is a definite HFer at all. In fact, odds are he probably won't get in unless he pitches 2 more years and gets about 30 more career wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you compare his career with Mike Mussina, he has more K's and a lower ERA. Mussina has more wins though. There is no way Mussina is a better pitcher than Schilling. But the voters will be more willing to vote him in than Schilling because he has 250 wins. Add in the post-season stats, and it's a no brainer.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sox need to find that happy medium vs Fogg. On the one hand, they want to be patient, this guy isn't going to explode some gas by them with 2 strikes. So, you know, look for something up in the zone that you can drive, blah, blah, blah.

But Fogg knows this, he is going to try to tease them, sink some, move some, change speeds. Pitch to contact like they say, but get them to try to do too much, so lots of ground balls. Along these lines of not trying to do too much, I will, for the time being, leave all this up to Dave Magadan and each individual player.

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off , he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Chinaman better earn his pay tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignorant racist.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the breakdown:

PHI - 8.5 Seasons (0 Rings)
101W - 78L, 1554K's, 3.35ERA

ARZ - 3.5 Seasons (1 Ring)
58W - 28L, 875K's, 3.14ERA

BOS - 4 Seasons* (1 Ring*)
53W - 29L, 574K's, 3.95ERA

Winning %
ARZ - 67.4%
PHI - 56.4%
BOS - 64.6%
Old 10-27-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same argument as Clemens going in as a Yankee. Does the player get to choose or does MLB? If MLB gets to choose he'll probably go in as a Philly. Otherwise, assuming he wins 2 titles with the Sox, there is a pretty good chance he'd choose Boston. At least if you can believe him from what he says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think the Hall of Fame itself votes on the team the player gets in as. I remember something about Boggs wanting to go in as a Devil Ray because they let him hit # 3,000 and the Hall said no. I mean, WTF? Boggs as a Devil Ray? LOL.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

216 Wins, 3,000+ K's .. Top 5 postseason pitcher? I think he'll get in 2nd or 3rd ballot, if not sneak in on 1st, depends on the class strength.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

216 Wins, 3,000+ K's .. Top 5 postseason pitcher? I think he'll get in 2nd or 3rd ballot, if not sneak in on 1st, depends on the class strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.