Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Default World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0)

Big game tonight, if Dice K holds up and gets the W it ends the WS basically, if Fogg pulls it out and the Rocks win we *could* have a series again. Go Sox!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: World Series Game 3 - Dice K v. Fogg (Sox 2-0)

rockies win. count it
Old 10-27-2007, 06:15 PM

I think Rockies win next 2 and Beckett and Schill win games 5 and 6.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Sox need to find that happy medium vs Fogg. On the one hand, they want to be patient, this guy isn't going to explode some gas by them with 2 strikes. So, you know, look for something up in the zone that you can drive, blah, blah, blah.

But Fogg knows this, he is going to try to tease them, sink some, move some, change speeds. Pitch to contact like they say, but get them to try to do too much, so lots of ground balls. Along these lines of not trying to do too much, I will, for the time being, leave all this up to Dave Magadan and each individual player.

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off, he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Rox can take game 4 for all I care, but I want to see DiceK smoke em.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sort of storybook for Schill. Here is a question for everyone. If the Sox win this series and Schill goes elsewhere do you think he would go into the HoF for the Sox? Would he need to play one more year here to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's a definate HoF'er. He has to go in as a Red Sox. It may take him a few tries to get in, but he will evenually I think.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sox need to find that happy medium vs Fogg. On the one hand, they want to be patient, this guy isn't going to explode some gas by them with 2 strikes. So, you know, look for something up in the zone that you can drive, blah, blah, blah.

But Fogg knows this, he is going to try to tease them, sink some, move some, change speeds. Pitch to contact like they say, but get them to try to do too much, so lots of ground balls. Along these lines of not trying to do too much, I will, for the time being, leave all this up to Dave Magadan and each individual player.

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off , he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hope Dice K really brings the control today. He's got that Japanese number of days off , he should have been able to throw on the side like he did over there, and come in rested. He can really be nasty, but he hasn't shown it consistently (Joeism I know).

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Chinaman better earn his pay tonight.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:52 PM

So what? We're not talking about the guys who built the railroads here.