Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 10-13-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, you know nothing at 19. you just think you do.
until you're like 30 or later, every few years in your teens and 20s you look back and think, "wtf was I thinking???"

[/ QUOTE ]try to convince me that this process never ends...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
until you're like 30 or later, every few years in your teens and 20s you look back and think, "wtf was I thinking???"

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as women go, i think it does end. At the age of about 35ish, most people I know are about at the point were they know whats going on, and what they want. Rarely does a 20 to 26ish year old know, they only think they do, Im 25, I think I know way more than 99.99% of kids my age, but I def know that some 30something knows way more. Everyone thinks they are mature for their age, thats a [censored] joke, no one ever is. Listen to your elders. Give it a few years, eventually youll figure out what you want, and at the end if you find out that she is for you, great, but you dont know [censored] at the age of 23, why take a risk? whats teh harm?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:38 AM

Dare I give my advice? Okay sounds like to me you are tried of chasing girls and want something more serious. But you can't force a relationship. What you may want to think about doing is be more selective with the girls you are going out with because I get the impression that you go out with them based on maybe the way they look and don't consider all the other factors. There are plenty of girls that are fun to be with and beautiful, so be more selective in the girls you waste the time to chase and maybe you'll end up chasing the right one, and next thing you know you won't even have to ask this question because you will be in love.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dare I give my advice? Okay sounds like to me you are tried of chasing girls and want something more serious. But you can't force a relationship. What you may want to think about doing is be more selective with the girls you are going out with because I get the impression that you go out with them based on maybe the way they look and don't consider all the other factors. There are plenty of girls that are fun to be with and beautiful, so be more selective in the girls you waste the time to chase and maybe you'll end up chasing the right one, and next thing you know you won't even have to ask this question because you will be in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rereading for coherency.

VERDICT: yeah, sorta.

k, so if I read you right, you are advocating that OP prepare for puppy-love by narrowing his search field from 'hot girls' to 'hot, smart girls with great personalities.'

Well, that sounds like a very practical, easily-executed strategy!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It never ends, but it does get a lot better as you get through your late 20s and into your 30s. Nowadays I look back to a few years ago and say "hmm...I totally could have done that better" rather than "holy crap wtf was I thinking?!?!"