Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

[ QUOTE ]
The grass is always greener.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably the best answer.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're 24, relax.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not like super excitedly anxious about it. I am just curious when people snapped out of this stage essentially. I am doing other super adult things, and still am in my partying stage in other aspects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's difficult (as with most things) to broadly generalize on this - but I'd say most guys get "sick of the hunt" ~30'ish and are more consciously looking to get married. At least with my peer group. Drivers are knowing yourself and what you want out of a wife (I think this tends to occur around 30 - by then most people have had at least a couple serious relationships), being financially stable, having banged enough chicks etc. etc.

The 2 things that standout so far in this thread, imo are 1) "the grass is always greener", very true; 2) as Adsman alluded to, most guys are more attractive to women in their 30s then in their 20s, at least in my experience. Something to consider.

I'm 31 and I'd say it's about 50/50 single/married or LTR for my guy friends. With women it's more like 30/70. (Though my sample is primarily ambitious, career-driven, very educated people, I imagine the percentages are more skewed towards "married / LTR" in general so YMMV on this.)

There are no hard and fast rules on this so, you know, if you meet the perfect woman when you're 27, see no reason not to go for it. Though agree with Quids - on average my friends who got married in their 30s seem to be much more confident / happy with their decision vs. friends who got married in their 20s.

-Al
Old 10-09-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as Adsman alluded to, most guys are more attractive to women in their 30s then in their 20s, at least in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true iin my experience. It is sick how many opportunities I have now with women, ages ranging from 19-late thirties. The ironic thing however, at least for me, is that I have less desire to go out with them, do the dating game etc. I'm just kind of coasting along, being nice to all of them, and waiting for a really good one to pop up.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM

I am 25 and have mostly hated the chase my entire life. I don't see that changing any time in the near future.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 PM

i do the same and do think about the future, but then think i have the rest of my 20's to find someone that completely floors me.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM

I’m 24, and your situation seems to be completely normal. The majority of my friends are within two years of me and only a few of them are in serious long term relationships, though one is married. I don’t know if this applies to you, but right after college a lot of the guys and almost all of the girls found significant others to deal with the relative boredom of working life. I’m not saying they didn’t care at all about their relationships, but this group pretty universally found boy/girlfriends a month after starting work when they didn’t date anyone consistently through all of college to fill some sort of other void they were feeling.

I still enjoy being young and an idiot, but I’m also inexperienced in terms of serious relationships and have also found myself wondering what one might be like recently. I’m not sure what you mean by moving on a little, but I do find myself wanting to try new things and meet people outside of the bars/clubs that I mostly frequent w/ my main group of friends and have been doing some different stuff. If that leads to meeting a different type of girl I would seriously date instead of one night stand, that’s cool, but I think it’s weird to feel left out and then artificially get yourself into a mentality where you tell yourself, “Ok, it’s tiem to be in a LTR b/c my friends are getting married. Let’s do this.’
Old 10-09-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 25 and have mostly hated the chase my entire life. I don't see that changing any time in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same age as you and feel the same way. I prefer to just live my life as I please and just take advantage of opportunities with women as they happen to fall into my lap.

I got out of a LTR almost a year ago, and while I've had a few "encounters" with various women since then, none have really left me all that fulfilled. This only strengthens that feeling of the chase being too much work.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Previously, I'd go through the typical wanting a girlfriend until I had one and then craving freedom. Whenever I was with a girl, it was like "ok, i got her....now what?" The thrill of the catch was over, she was in love with me, and I was over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM

fwiw, ive always loved the chase, the thrill of accomplishment at closing the deal, the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up. ive been with same girl for a year and a half. when i first met her i had no aspirations whatsoever of having a girlfriend or being involved with just one girl. i dno what happened, shes just too awesome to give up to get back in the hunt. also, i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM

"Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26"