Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Book Announcements

Hi Everyone:

First off, our book Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky is now sold out and will not be reprinted in its current form and is no longer available from this website.

However, we do plan on bringing out an expanded edition with at least 100 pages of new material. So expect to see Tournament Poker for Advanced Players: Expanded Edition by David Sklansky on approximately December 1. (For those of you who do want to purchase the original edition, there should still be a few copies left at some of the stores and Amazon.)

Here is our tentative publishing schedule for our upcoming books.

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players: Expanded Edition -- Dec. 1, 2007

Harrington on Cash Games: Volume I -- Feb. 1, 2008

Harrington on Cash Games: Volume II -- Feb. 1, 2008

(Both these books are planeed to be released at the same time.)

Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume II -- March 15, 2008

Finally, for our foreign language readers, make sure to look at our Book Translations Page to see the latest and most up to date status of our books in languages other than English. This page will be updated regularly.

Here's a cover picture of our most recent book to be translated.

It's the German version of David's book, No-Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Book Announcements

So Ed Miller is not credited in the German version? Does that mean he did not contribute to the concepts in this book?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 PM

His name is on the cover.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 PM

I love the cover design! Very consumer friendly, yet says "authoritative" at the same time. Well done!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:49 PM

http://www.twoplustwo.com/translations/

this link (upper left sidebar) shows more
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 PM

its disappointing that PNLH vol 2 will be released in March......

im sure it will be well worth the wait though.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean he did not contribute to the concepts in this book?

[/ QUOTE ]

There were only a few concepts that came from Miller. They concern only smaller games. David tells me that he took Miller's word for it that they are accurate. Miller's main contribution was his writing skill where he would take David's ideas and explain them well.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Maybe Zee and Fromm should have worked with Miller too. Yet since Fromm had to write and give a speech for his Stanford doctorate, and appears on the DVD to be able to convey strategy well, I wonder how they couldn't have done as well as Stox/Zobags whose book was likely equally complex.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 AM

"planeed" eheh

I am disappointed mason that there is a "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players: Expanded Edition"
with over an hundred pages coming forth instead of a true sequal.
I have the tourament poker last edition before this one and don't know why I would, or should invest in this one as harrington on hold them volume 1 and 2 was tourment based,
and I have the full tilt poker tourament edition, and even the tourment formula by arnold snyder.

edited to add,

I forgot to mention I also have kill phil, and was laying down thinking of my post and it occured to me that I wouldn't mind seeing a tourament true sequel that addressed what david thought about the tourment formula (why not arnold has a sequal listed on amazon and I am thinking that perhaps he will address some of the criticisms of his first book in the sequal), kill phil applications of his system he devised in the orginal tourament poker for advanced players book. perhaps a true sequal could be called tourment poker, theory and pratice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

couldn't the tourament poker for advanced players be pushed back a year and have david write an additional 150 to 200 pages. and release it as a seperate book.. tourament poker for advanced players the next generation, or the sequal, or simply volume two?.

what is next , hold them for advanced players, the expanded edition? and then the 7 card stud book for advanced players the expanded edition ?(I hope not for I just ordered the stud poker book advanced players as well as professional no limit volume one and the sit and go book)

It seems that is fewer books then I would like to see, couldn't one on omaha, (pot limit omaha for advanced players ) be fitte in somewhere?

I am pleased that the harington cash games books are pushed back to feb, as I wouldn't of been able to get a copy up here in canada if you had made the december 15 publishing date.

I am curious if you are going to ask dan to read pro volume 1 book, and possibly wait til the second book to come out and ask him to read that too to further flesh out his ideas. It just seems more logical to me to have the books although written seperately of course to be able to reference each other for specific concept example.
do you know if dan has read the no limit theory and pratice book so he support or refute the concepts in his cash game books?.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players: Expanded Edition -- Dec. 1, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hint as to what the new pages are about? In other words, if I own the book already, please give me a reason why I should buy the expanded edition.

[ QUOTE ]

Harrington on Cash Games: Volume I -- Feb. 1, 2008

Harrington on Cash Games: Volume II -- Feb. 1, 2008

(Both these books are planeed to be released at the same time.)

Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume II -- March 15, 2008

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Next spring ought to be fun around here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]