Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: $7.50 (tax not included) or $8.00/$8.25 (tax included)

Inventory check is problematic only when the register person allows friends to golf for free, and they bring their own balls. Remember, at the end of the round, the 18th hole eats your ball. That becomes the counter to which the register should match. Of course, theft of balls will happen, and this will mean that there will naturally be MORE money in the register than balls in the drop box. This can be partially remedied by knowing how many balls we are giving out. We don't constantly refill the ball despensor, we do so in batches of 40 balls. We then also know how many balls we are giving out, how many we are losing per day... But that's a tangent....
Old 08-10-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you expound on why?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, most people that are going to your place have probably been to other ones. Unless those places do the same thing it will seem really odd. It would definitely throw me for a loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other Mini-golf place in vegas is at the Circus Circus. Not sure how they do their pricing. A brief check of random mini-golf places that have websites, none of them say whether or not tax is included.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bought the Scandia place?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:30 AM

CSC,

What do competitors in your area do?

If they DON'T include tax, then don't include tax. You don't want to look like you're higher priced.

If they DO include tax, then you can decide to either include tax or NOT include tax and appear cheaper.

Does that make sense?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Inventory check is problematic only when the register person allows friends to golf for free, and they bring their own balls. Remember, at the end of the round, the 18th hole eats your ball. That becomes the counter to which the register should match. Of course, theft of balls will happen, and this will mean that there will naturally be MORE money in the register than balls in the drop box. This can be partially remedied by knowing how many balls we are giving out. We don't constantly refill the ball despensor, we do so in batches of 40 balls. We then also know how many balls we are giving out, how many we are losing per day... But that's a tangent....

[/ QUOTE ]

While I appreciate that you have an inventory control system in place, don't underestimate the stupidity of young minimum wage employees.

I'm not going into all the retarded stories of teens stealing money from me, but over the course of seven years and multiple carts, it happened well over a thousand times. I'm not sure that you want to go into the depth of a camera system and advanced security, but certainly don't make it easy on them.

IMHO.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 AM

the fact that you are opening a mini golf course in vegas and you don't know whether or not the other one in town includes tax in their advertised price is weird to me. go to the other one, play a round.

also, i think the deciding factor should be which makes you more money. i don't think customers are going to be pissed because they are used to one way and you are doing it the other. with that in mind, i would probably go for the adding the tax at the register method.

edit - just read diablo's post and i agree with it. his recomendation is also designed to maximize your profits.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:41 AM

I hate places that don't design their prices conveniently, cashiers don't want to count out 93 cents in change every time they sell something and customers don't want it either.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 AM

Just do what the other minigolf does.

Otherwise, customers will be more attuned to pricing.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you expound on why?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, most people that are going to your place have probably been to other ones. Unless those places do the same thing it will seem really odd. It would definitely throw me for a loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other Mini-golf place in vegas is at the Circus Circus. Not sure how they do their pricing. A brief check of random mini-golf places that have websites, none of them say whether or not tax is included.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bought the Scandia place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scandia has been out of business for like 3 years. Bad location, and an outdoors course. Those saying that we need to play that the one in the Circus Circus are probably correct. They are not really our competition in that we're going for the local market and locals don't like to go to the strip (for things like mini-golf) and don't like to go to the Circus Circus (who does?). My memory is that all their adventuredome options charge in round numbers.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:17 AM

Go $10 for adults... $7 for kids... tax included... that way you won't be making change all day. People aren't going to spilt hairs on price.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Is this the place south of the strip on Eastern?