Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: This Forum Will Close June 30th

Without this kind of forum, I am not sure I would still play poker...and win money.
So tx
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Closing. Yeah it is too bad but not suprising. I have received two great rb offers thru this forum with twoplustwo sponsored sites which may not of happened without this forum. Also threads like the party situation were quite helpful.
Its obviously the rakeback sites/advertisers at twoplustwo
are responsible for having this informative and helpful forum shutdown. They are already making buckets of money from players and they obviously want more. So their solution is to limit player communication and get overly protective of their interests. To me, this is bad business. Without the players they make nothing. I liken it to the way professional sports operates in North America. Decisions are consistently made to benefit owners and players and to hell with the fans who line their pockets.
IMO this type of action is of no benefit to the players who make the poker world go around. I also think its a dumb move by the affilates to have a forum like this closed. They are starting to behave more and more like the poker sites by finding new ways to reduce players' communication, alternatives, and freedoms. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:12 PM

Who exactly is pushing this to be closed and why though? I dont get it?

If you are talking about merging the bonus forum and this, then this forum is basically still alive.

Also, there are 2 forums that offer rakeback here that are sponsored.

So I dont understand the motive
Old 06-21-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I dont understand the motive

[/ QUOTE ]

The motive is to take away an unbiased forum that everyone has access to and limit the player's choices so the flow of information will be controlled by a limited few rakeback sites.

If you are a rakeback site paying a lot of money for a forum you should be pleased.

If you are a person who wants unbiased rakeback/affiliate information and feedback you won't find it at 2 + 2 after this forum closes.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The motive is to take away an unbiased forum that everyone has access to and limit the player's choices so the flow of information will be controlled by a limited few rakeback sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, we have 50% of the sponsored rakeback forums, and I certainly don't want to see this forum closed.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, we have 50% of the sponsored rakeback forums, and I certainly don't want to see this forum closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then maybe twoplustwo should elicit feedback from players and rakeback sponsered sites before making these carte-blanche decisions. They obviously don't give a flying f*** what players think. They are starting to remind me of some of the poker sites with their lack of constructive communication and complete disregard for players and all the grassroots people who make their site go around.
Oh but don't forget you can get 5 books worth 100 bucks. So maybe I stand corrected. lol.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM

In just 11 short months I can reopen a rakeback directory and forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . Seriously, I don't know whose idea it was, it has come up over and over again. I don't see much if anything get deleted from the sponsored rakeback forums. Notice how there are threads about Party and Bodog rakeback there? I doubt there is a conspiracy here. I do know though that if I owned a forum here I would not be happy to see this forum as it would hurt the traffic and volume in the forum I was paying well for.

Also keep in mind that it is likely this would still be discussed in IB, if so then I'm still mod so nothing will change really. We'll have to see what the new rules will be.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:24 PM

admins, it's not only disappointing that this forum is being closed down, but it's prolly counterproductive...i, like many others, came to this forum having no clue what RB even was, let alone going about picking an affiliate and signing up properly...

too many people will get scammed and/or be setup with horrible affiliates if we can't have an unbiased forum to help people make smart decisions...also, this is a good place to let people communicate about the different affiliates and see different opinions...

i have a feeling some of this RB traffic will go into IB, but won't a mod have to move it to the sponsered forums??

while i've seen some of the sponsered affiliates and don't really think they're out to scam anyone at all, it's not a good idea to have such people in charge of something this important...

i guess it's too late for any changes to be made and i'm just ranting aimlessly to the admins, but hopefully too many people don't get into trouble as a result...but it prolly will happen anyway...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree with that point though. If there is no RB forum, then the mods should move rakeback talk into the sponsored forums.

Either there's a rakeback forum, or there's not.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who exactly is pushing this to be closed and why though?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe Pokeraddict answered both your questions in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
I have been told by the admins that this forum will close on June 30th. The amount of questionable threads and spammy posts have led to this.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's really as simple as that. 2+2 management has never been comfortable with rakeback discussion. This forum was created by a paying sponsor who has long since withdrawn. Money is the only reason they ever allowed this in the first place. If PA hadn't stepped in and agreed to mod I'm sure it would have been closed long ago.

Please don't blame this on the major rakeback affiliates because they have little influence and are actually among the victims. This forum has been instrumental in both growing the rakeback customer base and directing the business toward the major reputable firms. Without it many new players will either not have rakeback at all or will be sucked in by scamsters.

Of course the primary enemies of rakeback are most of the rooms and their non-rakeback affiliates. They are the ones who complain about what goes on here. For example do you really think PartyPoker is happy about what goes on in this forum? We can only guess what their affiliate manager has been saying since 2+2 joined their program.