Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In no-limit its in general correct to steal .... than in limit
more 4 20.00%
less 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: And the Winner Is:

[ QUOTE ]
Sharagoz got robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2007, 08:16 PM

Can't argue with the winners, but I really don't like either the bubble or the exploding diamond runner ups. I agree that Zenmusician had a strong entry. I wish he was a back up instead of the bubble one.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 PM

what the [censored] ever just put the sucker book out already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 PM

For the SNG book I liked Zen's the best, although OMG's is sharp also (though I liked one of his other versions better than the one that was selected). Same thing with Roxy's cover, I thought other versions looked better then the three-headed one. I think all three of the runner-ups (including mine) will improve greatly with some revision & color work...

Richard K's design is especially first-rate IMO. The colors though, especially the grey, don't seem to work. I really think that this might have been a winning entry with a less complex color scheme.

There were so many good designs though, I'd guess a lot of them might not have been selected due to covers being too dark, or some other marketing-type reason.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 AM

I also liked Zen's submission, I thought it was a great visual interpretation of an sng. With my design I was going for a bold, sleek, and simple design with text that was easy to scan. Gonso, I like the white revision better as well.

As for the noted revisions I went back to school tonight so I can work on a large monitor tomorrow. I will work on incorporating the red for the diamonds and hearts into the chips and probably post a few different color schemes. I changed the title to lower case, and I like the look. Should the subtitle stay caps?

Good submissions everyone. I thought of doing a similar design as Richards before the chips, and I like how his turned out (-colors).

-Jim
Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
those are the best 2p2 covers ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement but I have to say that the SNG cover with the stopwatch was top notch and should have gotten the nod.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 AM

Hi Cornell:

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with this statement but I have to say that the SNG cover with the stopwatch was top notch and should have gotten the nod.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we thought that was an excellent cover, we also felt it didn't look enough like poker to be the best selection.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM

I agree with Gonso, that Richard K's book would benefit from a reworking of the colors. The red lettering on the gray is really odd. But the design itself is really nice.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:42 PM

Mason, here are the covers with your changes made including the ones in the PM, and also a few fixes. I did not add the authors names to the back cover and removed the logo there until we know the layout - these case be duplicated from the layers on the front cover easily anyway.

BTW the actual ones are in 600 dpi, so they're WAY to big to go here.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:05 PM

With the lightened backdrop, which looks cleaner IMO